UBot Underground

Plugin To Restrict Access To Local Files? Security?

Is there a plugin or a way to restrict the access to the local folders to one specified folder?  My bot uses the "include" command which allows someone to "define" some functions and I want to ensure that the define cannot be used to access local files other than one safe  one I specify. My code is compiled so is there some code I can put in my compiled version that will achieve that in the external "define"?

Does anyone want to design such a plugin? It is a security feature that some of us may want, to ensure that for instance "shell"  and "special folder "commands are disabled in compiled bots and any other command that could overwrite critical local files such as in the windows directory.

The include feature was not designed to hide/disable anything. None critical code goes in the include and anything you don't want people to see goes in the compiled bot.

There is a plugin called "command line arguments" that can make a bot start with passing args to it. The dev's site has been down some time now but I'd send it to via PM if you would like. I also have a tutorial for it on the forum.

This way you can compile another bot and start it with your main bot and send args to it to function properly.

Regards,
Nick

Thanks . I use command line argumenets alot.  But I really do want to disable some functions in the compiled bot for security reasons . Unless I am mistaken innocent code from an include could be changed quite easily to run "delete drive c"  . I want to disable for instance shell commands so that an external include trying to run shell would not work.  Even if you do not use shell in the compiled bot, it is still compiled along with all plugins even if you do not use those either.  Not using  includes at all is not the answer in my case though. I want to remove commands so as to make includes safe. Otherwise any command in the include could be accessed, even really malicious ones. 

• Like 1

How do you think they will be accessed?

Only those with UBot Studio can access them on their machine.

If anyone is on your machine they wouldn't need your include that's for sure. There are better ways to do malicious deeds to your machine than a .ubot file. A compiled bot is easy to crack as well.

I am not understanding your concerns I guess.

Maybe you're over thinking something?