UBot Underground

MEMORY LEAK ISSUE: Temporary solution which has helped prevent bot crashes

Hi Guys

I know that quite a few of the guys in the community have been having issues with the memory being eaten up by the bots which causes bot failure.

I have experienced this as well.

I have found a temporary solution that "manages the memory leak" until the dev team at UB can get issues fixed.

I have been testing this on my bots and have had better success and less memory failures.

I have been using an app called CleanMem

http://www.pcwintech.com/cleanmem

The reason why I used this is because it allowed me to track the memory usage per process

example:

UBtBrowser.exe

UBot Studio.exe

What it does is allows me to set a check for ever x minutes on the process and if the process exceeds a specified memory usage in MB then it does a memory clean and frees up the memory.

I basically set my setting to the following way:

Once installed

> right clicked on icon in task bar

> selected monitor setting

> advanced monitor tab

> advanced monitor rules:

>> check every 1 minute

>> when UBtBrowser.exe, UBot Studio.exe is > or = to 500mb then clean process

What i have found is memory usage builds up while the bot is open, so what the cleanmem does is basically reset / frees the hijacked memory.

I have tested on my local laptop with 4 GB ram and one of my servers with 8 GB ram and thebots are running pretty smoothly.

I am not a server guru but have found that this has dissolved the announces of having the bots crash half way due to lack of memory.

This is especially good when you havesting data from credit based SAAS applications and you have to re run the bot as it failed half way thus wating credits. :(

It has not impacted the functionality of my bots.

This has helped me as I am running some big bots with pretty large processes to follow.

One step closer to the "4 hour work week"!

Anyway I figured I will post this as it may help while the issues are being dealt with.

happy botting!!

Hope this helps

Matt

• Like 11

+1 Matt

This is very helpful for me. My bot has been running for the last 6 hours now, and the memory has not climbed to an unmanageable level. Normally it would be above 500,000+ by now. But not with the help of memclean.

Thanks again for this very helpful share!

With further testing, what I have had to do is on each command I have had to have it open in a new browser.

Basically a new window for a procedure or process.

If I run the entire process it still seems to grow massive.

This seems to cut back the memory buildup as the browsers open and close.

One thing to be aware of aswell is you need to look for the bots name as a process as well and set that to a limit.

so you should have

UBtBrowser.exe

UBot Studio.exe (if running dev tests)

your bot name.exe

This way you manage the browsers plus the main application you running.

Hey Matt,

I have just went into the advanced settings on the mini monitor and set it to autoclean the memory every ten minutes. Seems to be working perfectly, and my bot has successfully run for over 24 hours now...

Something that previously would have encountered some crashes and resetting the bot. But not with your share. :)

Thanks again. I would give you another +1 if it was possible.

Justin

Sorry to sound critical, but is this memory issue to be resolved? It makes bots compiled by ubot to be very shakey and unprofessional. I to encounter bots crashing and to be honest, it's driving me to drink.

Frank

Sorry to sound critical, but is this memory issue to be resolved? It makes bots compiled by ubot to be very shakey and unprofessional. I to encounter bots crashing and to be honest, it's driving me to drink.

Frank

Hey Frank,

I totally agree that this issue should be solved internally. And from what I have been told, the Awesomium update should fix this problem.

It would be nice if this issue could be solved, but for now this is a very nice work around.

Justin

Hey Frank,

I totally agree that this issue should be solved internally. And from what I have been told, the Awesomium update should fix this problem.

It would be nice if this issue could be solved, but for now this is a very nice work around.

Justin

Justin,

Mate, dont think it Awesomium, as Seth mentioned that Eddie has found it and it's to do with .NET Framework.

They are finding a work around.

Hey Praney,

Most of my crashes reference the awesomium.dll, and that is what I have been told it could be.

I don't really care why it's happening, only that it will be fixed. :)

We are ALL hoping that this can be fixed, because it is quite annoying to have to restart your bot 12 times a day.

Cheers,

Justin

For Example...

Here is a crash that is happening on one of my servers, but not my 5 others.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: UBotBrowser.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4f45b057

Fault Module Name: Awesomium.dll

Fault Module Version: 1.6.4.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4f108392

Exception Offset: 00774336

Exception Code: c0000417

Exception Data: 00000000

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.272.7

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 6789

Additional Information 2: b4c9d65a2f538ab0ee7f94079c7b46fa

Additional Information 3: 1d8f

Additional Information 4: af43321454254445917741ae5e1d1e7c

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

You can see that my problem is caused by Awesomium.dll. I have six of these on my server right now. It seems as if I click the X instead of close program it can continue to run sometimes.

I was locking up today due to about 200 processes running...so I bought it...it took me from 70% used to 20% used instantly.

John

I was locking up today due to about 200 processes running...so I bought it...it took me from 70% used to 20% used instantly.

John

John can you post a screenshot of your memclean process? Im not sure if mine is working normally..

I'm not sure what you mean...I didn't set anything up. I just opened the mini monitor, right clicked it and chose clean memory now. The little box went from 70 to 20...

John

I just figured out it has nothing to do with the free version...although I bought it, I forgot to enter the serial # so I was using the free version.

John

I'm not sure what you mean...I didn't set anything up. I just opened the mini monitor, right clicked it and chose clean memory now. The little box went from 70 to 20...

John

Its working if I manually click clean memory now but Im not sure if my Advance monitor rules are working.

Its working if I manually click clean memory now but Im not sure if my Advance monitor rules are working.

Try lowering the amount of memory in your rule and see if it kicks in... my rules are working but it kicks back up so fast... it goes from like 8,000 to 400,000 in about 20 minutes, so a more permanent solution is definitely needed. http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif