UBot Underground

Ubot Skype group

I think it would be nice if we could gather a Ubot Skype-group. There, we would be able to exchange experience and help each other out.

A group like that would be open for everyone, regardless of skill level.

If you are interested, just reply in the thread and if the interest is high enough, I am more than willing to start a group :)

• Like 1
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it would be nice if we could gather a Ubot Skype-group. There, we would be able to exchange experience and help each other out.   A group like that would be open for everyone, regardless of sk

I believe most of the power Ubot developers are already connected on Skype and its a great network we have. I am on Skype 20 hours a day and online 24/7 so I don't miss anything. If someone wants to j

Same here. My skype is also on my profile as: emw-dgn   Feel free to add me. I am on 24/7 and alive most the time specially if I cant sleep or meeting deadlines.

I believe most of the power Ubot developers are already connected on Skype and its a great network we have.

I am on Skype 20 hours a day and online 24/7 so I don't miss anything. If someone wants to join me on Skype they are welcome. Just introduce yourself and also leave a message "Want to join Skype Ubot support group", so I know where you come from.

I am mostly busy, so can't guarantee that I will always be available for free help. But I'll try my best, when I can.

Cheers!

Praney

• Like 1

I believe most of the power Ubot developers are already connected on Skype and its a great network we have.

Not having a go at anyone, but this is precisely why I hate forums - they create little niches of people who group together and brand themselves the 'power users' of any software.

It has taken someone else to mention starting a support group to make anyone mention that there is something like it already - without that no one would of known about the 'power user' group already creating amongst a few choice people.

Its not just here, I have seen it elsewhere and to be honest it doesn't promote help through out the userbase, in fact in my opinion it just promotes differing levels of user in a forum.

Praney - like I said, not having a go at anyone and I am not pointing at you whilst I have my post-Christmas rant (I blame too much turkey), but I have felt this way about the Ubot forums since day one. There are certain people who believe (rightly or wrongly) that they are better than others and thats why the forum isn't as busy as it could be and the sense of community isn't there.

Anyway, thats the rant over with.

To be honest I have not heard of any group of power users. I consider myself a power user and have learned quite a bit with ubot and have always offered by skype and any other means even phone in some cases to local ubot users that I help. And respond to I would say one out of three (being modest) posts in the forum.

I converse with many ubot users. I would say on average I speak to around 50 to 75 ubot users weekly. Some brand new some repeat.

The forum is where it all starts and started from.

Some people wish to keep things private with there ideas and thoughts thus the reason for pm or messengers.

What's mentioned here is an opportunity that may or maynot be new but the idea is stll great none the less for power users and new ubot users to be apart of and help each other out.

Tj

Don't get me wrong, there are people who go out of their way to help people and that help is appreciated (especially by me!) but there are always 'levels' in forums that just bugs the crap out of me.

I also post on another IM related forum and the level thing is disgusting over there - there are certain groups (some of which you can pay to get into!) and then there are people with low post counts. Those people are deemed newbies and of no use even though some of them have been at the game for years on end.

Like I said, I am not out pointing fingers, it happens in 90% of forums I hang around in and thats what can make or break communities. When I said I hate forums, I wasn't exactly clear - the idea of them is spot on, we are all in different time zones so a single chat room would be of no use, its just the 'level' thing that bugs me (and only me by the look of it :))

I try to help out where I can, I class myself as a regular user here, on the other IM place I am a complete newbie but have some wicked ideas that have helped countless people.

Anyway, its just a mini rant really - we are all here for the same things and thats to make money and make Ubot the best software out there (well, possibly mainly the first point but help with the second!)

LOL!!

I said power developers as thats what we have been called if you go check the forums history. What it meant was Ubot's heavy users.

Apart from that this is not a marketing forum, but a support forum.

I shall say no more.!!!

Not having a go at anyone, but this is precisely why I hate forums - they create little niches of people who group together and brand themselves the 'power users' of any software.

It has taken someone else to mention starting a support group to make anyone mention that there is something like it already - without that no one would of known about the 'power user' group already creating amongst a few choice people.

Its not just here, I have seen it elsewhere and to be honest it doesn't promote help through out the userbase, in fact in my opinion it just promotes differing levels of user in a forum.

Praney - like I said, not having a go at anyone and I am not pointing at you whilst I have my post-Christmas rant (I blame too much turkey), but I have felt this way about the Ubot forums since day one. There are certain people who believe (rightly or wrongly) that they are better than others and thats why the forum isn't as busy as it could be and the sense of community isn't there.

Anyway, thats the rant over with.

There seem to be an interest which is nice :)

Some of you have written your Skype, others got it in their signatures but some of you have not provided any Skype contact details.

I will start to add today so if you are interested to join, please make sure your skype name is in your post.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah...for me it goes like this..."mind if I contact you on Skype?" to which I reply, "sure!"

There is no group that I am aware of, and if there is I am not a member! http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

John