UBot Underground

Customising bots with your own icon

A tip for fellow Ubot Developers - those interested in customising bots - I came across an easy way of changing the bot icon to your own choice of image.

You need two programs:

ToYcon to turn an image into an icon (available http://www.customxp.net.) and

Resource Hacker to substitute the plain bot icon for your own one (available from http://rpi.net.au/~ajohnson/resourcehacker )

Both are FREE downloads. The only problem is that Resource Hacker doesn't change the icon within the bot - or, if it does, I can't see how to do it - if anyone knows how to do that, please let me know.

Happy botting!

• Like 2

I don't know that you can. I deleted the icon resource entirely, and somehow, that same small icon still shows up inside the upper left hand corner of uBot.

Anybody with more knowledge on this topic care to chime in?

I've been changing icons on my bots for quite some time now, and I've never been able to figure out how to get rid of/change that one.

Does anybody know how?

I don't know that you can. I deleted the icon resource entirely, and somehow, that same small icon still shows up inside the upper left hand corner of uBot.

Anybody with more knowledge on this topic care to chime in?

I've been changing icons on my bots for quite some time now, and I've never been able to figure out how to get rid of/change that one.

Does anybody know how?

Im sure seth knows it how since uncompiled bot has a new little robot icon now...

Thanks all for your contributions - esp JohnB for the link to the online icon converter which I think will be handy.

Sorry about the dead link to Resource Hacker - I copied it from the read me file that comes with the program.

I have tried to figure out how to modify the icon on the top left hand corner of a compiled bot, but completely stuck. However, as Kratos said, Seth would surely know. I am contacting Support to see if Seth can help us. I'll post any news I receive here.

Just received the following response from Lily. Hopefully, we'll get a solution in the near future. It will be a great feature as it makes the bots look much more professional.

'I asked Seth about your question. Seth programmed UBot Studio, and so he is able to add an icon where he needs to within the program. That's a bit different from trying to hack an executable. The compiled bots do not currently come with the ability to add an icon. (We are working on a solution for that soon.) When we've found a work around, we'll be sure to let everyone know.'

• 3 months later...

Unable to change all icons in the compiled bots. I guess its because of the security layer that protects Ubot.

Is anyone else able to change all icon of the your app.(compiled bot)?

Praney

No news on changing the icon within the program itself unfortunately, but someone might find this useful...

http://www.clickteam.com/website/usa/install-creator.html

Its an installer wizard so you can get your compiled bot to install nicely, including desktop icons, start menu etc

Also, it can create folders and place files. I use it to create files and docs too e.g. Documents\BotName\Example-List.txt which helps my customers, as well as plant a User Guide on the Desktop or elsewhere.

The free version shows a message at the end, full version doesn't. :)

Cheers,

Alex

• 1 year later...