UBot Underground

[TIP] How to Make Sure You Don't "Overfill" a Field When it Only Allows X Characters

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on the forum before, but I remember a long time ago I had a question about this.

I was trying to make a bot, and was using the randomly generated last name & was adding 4 random numbers to it (like this: salvadore3927). I was using that "formula" to generate random usernames when signing up to sites.

I kept running into a problem though...most sites have a limitation on username length, and I would randomly get usernames that were beyond that length and the bot would stop. Now, I knew what that limitation was, but I had no way "shorten" my username or make sure that it was only X length.

I came up with a solution, but forgot to come back on here & provide it so others who had the same problem might be able to find it...so, here it is (it's actually very simple).

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1211/examplep.jpg

I've also attached a bot that you can download that will randomly generate a new username on each press of the play button, and each time it does it makes sure that it isn't longer than 10 characters & then it displays the newly "trimmed" username on screen.

Example.ubot

• Like 3

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on the forum before, but I remember a long time ago I had a question about this.

I was trying to make a bot, and was using the randomly generated last name & was adding 4 random numbers to it (like this: salvadore3927). I was using that "formula" to generate random usernames when signing up to sites.

I kept running into a problem though...most sites have a limitation on username length, and I would randomly get usernames that were beyond that length and the bot would stop. Now, I knew what that limitation was, but I had no way "shorten" my username or make sure that it was only X length.

I came up with a solution, but forgot to come back on here & provide it so others who had the same problem might be able to find it...so, here it is (it's actually very simple).

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1211/examplep.jpg

I've also attached a bot that you can download that will randomly generate a new username on each press of the play button, and each time it does it makes sure that it isn't longer than 10 characters & then it displays the newly "trimmed" username on screen.

Great share crazy! Just to let you know, I think this will be included in the new pro & developer license also.

Great share crazy! Just to let you know, I think this will be included in the new pro & developer license also.

I believe that the Pro & Dev licences will have string handling functions like Trim, so no need to mess about with javascript functions like substring, etc. ;)

That will make life a lot easier. The less I have to mess with JavaScript, the happier I am (because I know diddly about JS).

• 3 months later...