UBot Underground

Trying to Mult-Thread

I haven't been around for a little while, so maybe I missed something, but I can't get this thread command to work.

I've attached a bot, anybody care to tell me why it doesn't work?

I've tried it multiple ways, however the two I've attached were the two that I thought would be the most successful...however, they don't work at all.

(I just clicked the first two things I came across on uBot to test with...you'll see what I mean).

test.ubot

test no subwindow.ubot

how is it not working for you? Is it not saving to file? Are you wondering about the sub windows disappearing after the process in the sub window is over?

Disregard this: I see. It's not scraping. Trying a few things.

Hi Rob,

There has been an extensive debate about Muti-Threadig lately..

Refer to my post :

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5132-multitasking/page__view__findpost__p__2272

Praney :)

I'll head on over there in a minute to read about it. Thanks :)

how is it not working for you? Is it not saving to file? Are you wondering about the sub windows dissappearing after the process in the sub window is over?

It saves the file, but there is nothing in it...however, if I move those same commands OUTSIDE the "thread" command, it works perfectly & saves the file WITH the appropriate contents (so I know I didn't screw up when "selecting" what to scrape).

I tried it with & without subwindows, and in both it saves a blank .txt file.

But, without subwindows & threads (letting each process run individually & not simultaneously) it saves the .txt file with the correct contents.

In other words, it simply doesn't work.

I'll head on over there in a minute to read about it. Thanks :)

It saves the file, but there is nothing in it...however, if I move those same commands OUTSIDE the "thread" command, it works perfectly & saves the file WITH the appropriate contents (so I know I didn't screw up when "selecting" what to scrape).

I tried it with & without subwindows, and in both it saves a blank .txt file.

But, without subwindows & threads (letting each process run individually & not simultaneously) it saves the .txt file with the correct contents.

In other words, it simply doesn't work.

I see, almost like the process is happening too fast for the items to be chosen and scraped. I will have Seth take a look at this issue.

• Like 1

might actually be a limitation, which Seth will expand. It seemed even in Praney's example, sometimes it scrapes, sometimes it doesn't.

Yes, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it scrapes the same thing twice.

I think Seth explained it before in one of the threads mentioned above. It was only introduced to sort the problem with dialog boxes.

Praney

It looks that way...after doing some reading on the topic, both on the thread you provided & a couple of others I found, it looks like it just isn't meant to "actually" multi-thread just yet...maybe in the future ;)