UBot Underground

Size limit for SPIN Command?

Hi.

I'm reading a 7kb file with spinned text. 3 level spins.

I use the spin command to unspin it. The bot crashes.

When I use a smaller file, it works fine.

Is there a limit?

Thanks

Dan

Hi.

I'm reading a 7kb file with spinned text. 3 level spins.

I use the spin command to unspin it. The bot crashes.

When I use a smaller file, it works fine.

Is there a limit?

Thanks

Dan

There shouldn't be a limit. Perhaps I can take a look at your bot for you. If it's confidential then send it to me in a private message.

Yea hold on, I've noticed the same thing. I've built an auto post wordpress bot and I start to get random crashes after 15 cycles or so. I'm taking around 3,000 word spun-formatted texts and spinning them down to 300 words. (Sentences are spun along with individual words) On top of that I'm spinning the titles which is another variable taken from a list.

It never crashes the first few times through. (upload a post, set the scheduled time, do another one) I've slowed the bot way down with 3 second delays between all the steps. Is there a size limit for variables? What is it? I can't tell if it's the SPIN command that's doing it or some kind of memory leak that accumulates after a bunch of cycles.

By the way Dan are you using the read file constant within a spin constant? is that what is causing the crash?

I'd like to ask something Lilly.

First: I am also finding that ubot is crashing on cycling through certain websites. The first 7 or so are fine, then it just locks up completely. I am using the most recent Beta. But then I run it again and it runs fine. My thinking is that ubot needs to have a decent system to run and that a Pentium 4 CPU, 3.06GHZ with 1.5Gig Ram running XP and .net 3.5 just isn't good enough for the bigger bots.

The funny thing is that if I go and run this on 1.7GHZ machine running Windows 2003R2, it will work slow. But it won't error out. Equally if I run the bot on my monster machine i am sure it will work.

I've also noted that if you have other piece of software running and they are also using .net this can throw up errors. For example i can get my bot to crash evertime if I run another program that uses .net. Perhaps this is removed when you compile the bots, but in the development version, this happens.

Therefore others who are seing problems, try closing all the other apps you are running (or may have installed recently) and see if the bot crashes when it runs.

Second: Can you confirm that if you use the spin command and there are no spin tags it will just post what is in the field. This is what I see, but I need to understand that this is not causing problems behind the scenes. I'd suggest a feature enhancement to cover this eventuality as i am sure that sometimes when testing, one can't be arsed to put in the spin stuff!

Third: I have seen that if you are loading data from an external file for spining you can do it in a number of ways (probably more)

Add to list

$spin

read from file

FILENAME

Add to list

$spin

list from file

FILENAME

Change by attribute:

value:

LIST

Or you can go the variable route.

Set FILENAME to VARIABLE Y

Change by attribute

$Spin

Variable Y

Sometimes I have seen that you have to put a list into a variable to then be able to work with it.

Can you answer?

Ninjaman

First: I am also finding that ubot is crashing on cycling through certain websites. The first 7 or so are fine, then it just locks up completely. I am using the most recent Beta. But then I run it again and it runs fine. My thinking is that ubot needs to have a decent system to run and that a Pentium 4 CPU, 3.06GHZ with 1.5Gig Ram running XP and .net 3.5 just isn't good enough for the bigger bots.

The funny thing is that if I go and run this on 1.7GHZ machine running Windows 2003R2, it will work slow. But it won't error out. Equally if I run the bot on my monster machine i am sure it will work.

I've also noted that if you have other piece of software running and they are also using .net this can throw up errors. For example i can get my bot to crash evertime if I run another program that uses .net. Perhaps this is removed when you compile the bots, but in the development version, this happens.

Therefore others who are seing problems, try closing all the other apps you are running (or may have installed recently) and see if the bot crashes when it runs.

The Pentium 4 CPU, is dual, quad, single? I need a bit more information on how fast it processes. Larger bots will tend to need more of the system's resources in order to processes. 1.5 gig RAM is not bad...but if you are building gargantuan bots it might not run as nicely as you'd prefer.

Hmm..that is an interesting observation. Definitely one that we need to look into, though I have yet to notice any issues with other programs that use the .Net Framework. I will keep an eye out for it.

Second: Can you confirm that if you use the spin command and there are no spin tags it will just post what is in the field. This is what I see, but I need to understand that this is not causing problems behind the scenes. I'd suggest a feature enhancement to cover this eventuality as i am sure that sometimes when testing, one can't be arsed to put in the spin stuff!

No spin tags=no spinning. If you are testing and you want to see the spin constant doing what it does, you should expect to use spin tags for spinning, and yes you are correct, it will post whatever is in the Spin constant whether to not it has spin tags. What exactly did you need covered for testing and what is causing problems for you?

Third: I have seen that if you are loading data from an external file for spining you can do it in a number of ways (probably more)

Add to list

$spin

read from file

FILENAME

Add to list

$spin

list from file

FILENAME

Change by attribute:

value:

LIST

Or you can go the variable route.

Set FILENAME to VARIABLE Y

Change by attribute

$Spin

Variable Y

Sometimes I have seen that you have to put a list into a variable to then be able to work with it.

Can you answer?

Ninjaman

so are you saying that sometimes the only way to work with the variable is to put a list to a variable and then use it in the spin constant or are you noting that method as one of the many ways you can use spin?

The Pentium 4 CPU, is dual, quad, single? I need a bit more information on how fast it processes. Larger bots will tend to need more of the system's resources in order to processes. 1.5 gig RAM is not bad...but if you are building gargantuan bots it might not run as nicely as you'd prefer. Hmm..that is an interesting observation. Definitely one that we need to look into, though I have yet to notice any issues with other programs that use the .Net Framework. I will keep an eye out for it.

THIS IS PROBABLY MY OLD COMPUTER I AM USING. IT'S A LAPTOP SATELLITE PRO FROM ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO.

No spin tags=no spinning. If you are testing and you want to see the spin constant doing what it does, you should expect to use spin tags for spinning, and yes you are correct, it will post whatever is in the Spin constant whether to not it has spin tags. What exactly did you need covered for testing and what is causing problems for you?

NO PROBLEMS, I JUST WANTED CONFIRMATION THAT IF YOU USED A SPIN COMMAND ON AN ITEM THAT DID NOT HAVE THE SPIN TAGS THAT SOMEHOW THIS MIGHT CAUES UBOT TO CRASH. I CODE IN SPINS ON ALL ITEMS IN MY UBOT AND THEN TEST WITHOUT BEFORE PLUGGING IN THE FINAL SPINNED TEXT AT THE BETA STAGE.

so are you saying that sometimes the only way to work with the variable is to put a list to a variable and then use it in the spin constant or are you noting that method as one of the many ways you can use spin?

EXACTLY. I HAVE FOUND THAT SOMETIMES YOU CANNOT SPIN A LIST DIRECTLY UNLESS YOU FIRST SET THE LIST TO A VARIABLE.

OK, I'm definitely in the same boat as everyone above re: spinning. I've now created 3 bots for auto posting pre-spun stuff to Wordpress, Posterous and Vox and I've only had it work once without crashing. I usually crash after a dozen posts or so. I always get the crash message right before a $spin command. As I mentioned above, I'm taking pretty big files (7,000 words) and spinning them down to 300 words. I've got 35 of these spun articles I'm working with.

Right now I'm attempting to break up my list of 35 into smaller sections and see if that helps. (9 cycles at a time) Is there any way a malformed spun block of text cause it to crash? I'm trying to identify if this is the case.

Seth/Lily: Do you guys need to see this in action to catch a crash on a de-bugging screen? Should I upload my entire archive somewhere?

re: hardware:

What is the Seth approved hardware/system configuration?

What is Seth using when he works with Ubot? I know Ubot *SHOULD* run most everywhere, but I want to rule out my hardware/system completely. I'm a Mac guy so I have a separate PC dedicated to online marketing and mostly Ubot. At the moment I have an older dual core Dell with 2 Gig of Ram and XP. I was thinking of upgrading so I could do VPN stuff so I might as well buy Seth's computer.

Is using XP bad? Should I at least upgrade to Windoze 7?

Ninjamanz: EXACTLY. I HAVE FOUND THAT SOMETIMES YOU CANNOT SPIN A LIST DIRECTLY UNLESS YOU FIRST SET THE LIST TO A VARIABLE.

You're right. I was able to confirm that. Thanks for pointing that out!

Biks:

nevermind on sending me a bot. I'm good.

I was able to recreate what you guys were talking about with the spin constant. I need this answered first though. Are you freezing or are you crashing? Because those are completely different things. Is it giving you an error message that says "This window has crashed" or does it just freeze for a really long time?

The approved systems are Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. (The faster your system processes, the faster UBot will work. The slower your system is, the slower UBot Studio will work, regardless of system.)

What is your specific issue with Windows XP and UBot studio?

What are some of the specific problems your are encountering with working with the system?

Ubot would go boom completely. I message pops up saying do you want to send a bug report to Microsoft, then Ubot disappears. Then I gotta relaunch Ubot. Sure wish it would've just hung, then I could've waited it out.

What is your specific issue with Windows XP and UBot studio?

What are some of the specific problems your are encountering with working with the system?

Nothing specific, I just don't want to be the guy who finds the only bugs for XP. (if there are any) I've found plenty of software bugs in my lifetime and I've been told many times "it's just your system" - just to have the bug reported publicly a few month later. Drives my friggin' insane.

The concept of making Ubot run faster seems weird. I spend so much time inserting delays and wait till's that making it run faster will just make it trip over itself more. (not allowing things to flow in order) I'm making much more use of wait FOR's. Still, I'm thinking of running VPN on one box and having different Ubots going at the same time. THEN a faster computer would make sense.

Thank God you found the $spin problem. What was going on?

Ubot would go boom completely. I message pops up saying do you want to send a bug report to Microsoft, then Ubot disappears. Then I gotta relaunch Ubot. Sure wish it would've just hung, then I could've waited it out.

Nothing specific, I just don't want to be the guy who finds the only bugs for XP. (if there are any) I've found plenty of software bugs in my lifetime and I've been told many times "it's just your system" - just to have the bug reported publicly a few month later. Drives my friggin' insane.

The concept of making Ubot run faster seems weird. I spend so much time inserting delays and wait till's that making it run faster will just make it trip over itself more. (not allowing things to flow in order) I'm making much more use of wait FOR's. Still, I'm thinking of running VPN on one box and having different Ubots going at the same time. THEN a faster computer would make sense.

Thank God you found the $spin problem. What was going on?

Keep an eye out on XP. If you notice it spazzing out on you with UBot Studio, let us know.

It seems the larger the file is(The more characters there are), the slower it takes for everything to process, and I got UBot to freeze and crash in two separate occasions. We might take a second look at the algorithm for the Spin constant.

It seems the larger the file is(The more characters there are), the slower it takes for everything to process, and I got UBot to freeze and crash in two separate occasions.

Are you saying a faster computer would not trip over it self when dong a spin? Thus, you wouldn't get the crash, or is it something that just happens within Ubot?

Are you saying a faster computer would not trip over it self when dong a spin? Thus, you wouldn't get the crash, or is it something that just happens within Ubot?

Every computer has it's limit.

The amount of characters you spin on your computer that causes your UBot to crash might be higher than the amount of characters I spin on my computer that causes my UBot to crash, depending on how fast our systems process. But even on the fastest processor, there will be a limit. hell even when saving the characters in notepad, you will notice the system freeze a bit.

I hope that makes sense lol

This is a question of how this is implemented in uBot.

Normally, this type of activity is not limited by processor speed (as LilyT suggests), but rather by space issues - memory.

A spin basically takes up more and more space with levels / spins.

The levels you are talking about are making up an insane amount of versions.

If this is kept in RAM (as I assume), then this puts a limit on the spinning.

Let your task manager run alongside and look what happens to the RAM usage.

Example

Can make up the non-repeating combinations of

1,2,3 will lead to 6 combinations

1,2,3,4 will lead to 24 combinations

and so on. The number of permutations rises exponentially.

::emp::

• Like 1
We might take a second look at the algorithm for the Spin constant.

Sooo....have you taken that second look yet? :-)

Just was lookin' for a heads up on the status of this issue. Built 3 bots that all crash (after a while) that use $spin with my large-ish data.

Sooo....have you taken that second look yet? :-)

Just was lookin' for a heads up on the status of this issue. Built 3 bots that all crash (after a while) that use $spin with my large-ish data.

Not yet Biks, and you will need to cut back on your large data until then. We will come up with a solution by the end of the week.