UBot Underground

What's Up With Compiling ?

Hello folks,

Can someone please tell me why the Ubot compiler works the way that it does ?

Or more to the point why it only works "sometimes" ?
Or, .. more specifically why 99% of the time when the "Compile" button is clicked nothing happens and the tiny little green progress bar just sits there ?
(not trying to be funny, a legitimate question)

Ive been using UBot for a few years now and to my knowledge compiling has always been a royal pain the @$$ to a degree, but it seem that every new version of UBot the compiler gets worse.

It has entered into the realm of ridiculous in that it actually takes longer to compile anything than it takes to actually code it, .. 10 minute updates cant be released because nothing can be compiled.

The only version i can compile in is 5.9.44 and even that's not a first time job.
I mean whats the point in having all the bug fixes in the new versions if I cant compile ?

Is anyone able to compile using any of the latest V6 versions ?
Does anyone else having problems compiling with other versions ?
Or is it just me ?

Is there any workaround so that a compile will actually compile the first time around ?
Hell i'd settle for a Ubot restart and for it to work, is it possible ?

Lol, reading back that sounds like a bit of a rant, but in all seriousness this has been a thorn in my side for a while but I've not come and asked this because it became a normality.

It's only through blatant persistence I get anything compiled.

ANY help, tips, pearls of wisdom, workarounds would be eternally appreciated as it is literally to the point that it is affecting work deadlines.

Cheers

CJ

P.S. Just to clarify one thing, I do not mean the "out of memory" exception error when compiling, that's a different matter and when i click compile it typically doesn't even get that far.

CJ, reasonably good odds that it is a plugin causing the issue. If it is a pretty complex bot (lots of lines of code) that can cause havoc as well. - It isn't uncommon for me to have to close the bot, re-open it, and then do the build right away because if i do anything inbetween, it just stalls.

• Like 1

CJ, reasonably good odds that it is a plugin causing the issue. If it is a pretty complex bot (lots of lines of code) that can cause havoc as well. - It isn't uncommon for me to have to close the bot, re-open it, and then do the build right away because if i do anything inbetween, it just stalls.

Hey Brutal,

Had to walk away from my PC yesterday, maximum stress levels reached.

That's the funny part, it doesn't matter if its a bot with 100,000 lines or a bot with 50 lines, ...

however I could probably disable a few more plugins that aren't being used, i tend to have a few active by default and to be honest plugins are usually the last thing i'd check before headbutting my monitor.

I will definitely have a play around with disabling more plugins, it certainly not going to make it any worse lmao.

like @Brutal say. before compile bot try

1. close ubot

2. re-open ubot (do not edit your code)

3. compile bot

Hey Pash,

Yep, that is typically what i do but even that will not work in any V6 versions.

I can literally sit and do that for hours (like i did yesterday) and nothing happens, the process does not start, no out of memory error, no crashing, .. no anything.

I did manage to get 1 compile done this morning but i had to use 5.9.44

Thanks chaps ;)

CJ

CJ you may have some corrupted files... I have had to do complete reinstalls before over this sort of thing.

What I do is go into appdata and rename the ubot folder and then uninstall/reinstall ubot.

then i go back in and copy/paste my plugins from the old appdatafolder into the new.

Worth a try man.

• Like 1

oh..... one other thing. If you are using an icon in your build, ubot will sometimes get funny about that and the build will stall, so you might want to look into that as well.

• Like 1

CJ you may have some corrupted files... I have had to do complete reinstalls before over this sort of thing.

What I do is go into appdata and rename the ubot folder and then uninstall/reinstall ubot.

then i go back in and copy/paste my plugins from the old appdatafolder into the new.

Worth a try man.

oh..... one other thing. If you are using an icon in your build, ubot will sometimes get funny about that and the build will stall, so you might want to look into that as well.

Thanks dude,

I was going to install on a different PC yesterday but when i realized i needed to install all the plugins again i brushed it off.

That would be moderately funny if i overlooked the one thing that would have helped lol.

I hadn't even contemplated the icon causing problems, I'll definitely check that out too.

Cheers man! .. appreciated ;)

CJ