UBot Underground

Do you guys have any ideas for reviving the community here? I didn't look @ the statistics but it feels down from just a year or two ago. uBot is needed so it will be around for a long time but... there's gotta be some way to revitalize the community so that we get more support. More support = More of everything uBot related.

So one thing i've seen on other forums is, a sort of team competition, teams split by geograph, and the goal is perform some set function. Maybe we could have teams to come up with a bot idea, build it and sell it via team's chosen method/s and the winner would be the team that sold more after 3-6 weeks or something. And Seth gives the winners all a free GoPro or something.

Perhaps another factor to win could be the program's speed or it's shear scaling ability.
Another idea to engage this community could be something like 'Bot Wars' where teams or individuals build, test and optimize their bot to dominate the new community bot vs bot arena playground. For example, 
|https://alliancesatwar.com/

this open source text-based game would be perfect to test simple and complex bots and it'd be great to learn more programming tactics too! The more you engage the faster it'd learned. So I think a community text-based game where we can test each other could be valuable!

Do you guys have any ideas to engage the community here?

• Like 1

New update will surely help! very excited about the new capabilities that will bring. But honestly, DEV team you underestimate the power of articulate communication! Could make a better product with an efficient feedback and update mechanism in your company! =) If you don't commune then people will start to wonder, and we all know where that leads .choas

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right, i was late to this party lmao by few years. uBot helped me start programming though, which will be worth a lot. 

The marketing for ubot is okay, (but outdated) could really grow  if they hired a mover and shaker to push it. Get a REAL copywriter in the affiliate direct response industry. (post on affjobs). Your sales copy will make or break your sales process, Get some new selling angles. 

Personally i think they should test targeting people interested in 'first time' programming and/or Digital automation for small business, because, everyone needs to automate something even if they don't know it. 

But then again, there's lots of people that seem frustrated (understatement) by something in the latter portion of using uBot Studios in your Business model, that scares the heck out of me, I don't want any errors beyond me that surprise me after 3000 hours of work. Fair arg?

Mobile / Crossplatform support is my biggest arg as my customers use all devices and are quite picky.

Been learning Python after noticing the how similar the two are, first glance, python looked like a detailed version of uSript, except you can actually make real robots if you wanted to which i found ironic =) 

Ahemmm

This staff watches.

Buddy

Maybe you're very busy or perhaps just more disagreeably than most, because almost all your posts are negatively intoned and partial and your post here is weakest response i've seen by an admin on any forum. You're  treating your customers like a cold assembly line because you were treated like that and maybe it's the only method you know. That's fine but It reflects the exact carelessness that your paying customers have been expressing for years, by the looks of it.  Really thought you'd have something more intelligent to say considering conditions. Cohesion is a good thing! So is keeping an open mind, especially in this day and age of mass change!   However due to a non-facial interaction there's always going to be autistic-like social confusion for all internet users! lol Good day. Enjoyed your uStrap videos btw, were helpful to get the ball rolling with that great GUI tool.

Edited by johnwalton

We can revive it easily without the need of staff/admins doing anything. I personally found this forum and knowledge in it far more helpful when in question what to do next/what to use in uBot just being a "watcher". What it lacks definitely and the whole thing is an ORDER - there are many gold nuggets everywhere in here and there is definitely a need for a road map/navigation of some sort for them so new members can find them more easily.

The next step would be to make more people contribute and add more gold nuggets so we all benefit. I'm just starting my journey with the forum cause I took some time to learn as much as I can about uBot by doing, this forum helped me a lot and now it's time to start giving back. I will be getting more into it and if anyone is interested in helping/contributing - cause I can see a strong community here already - let's talk and together we can definitely find things that will benefit all of us, uBotters :)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I second all of that.

War games are not my first choice, but i like the bot gang build idea.

And as new user - the forum is awesome.. found almost everything i was searching for while getting started.

But somehow i am sure, that the internal search could be optimised as i never find anything helpful. I am searching only through google with search operators but i guess a lot of valuable and important content gets lost.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember it was active forum and people are enthusiastic to help now they are already move on or feed up haha.

the problem is ubot it self not staff  etc.. it's the buggy program it self most user accept it us part of the system  lack of motivation or maybe resource,skill to make it improve over decade.

I can name 1-2 tools similar to ubot give them 2-3 years they will surpass it base on improvement like TJ plugin make them stand alone I believe they will surpass ubot functionality base on stability not saying over all but only on stability side like former plugin developer on ubot "http plugin" been doing stand alone now I don't like to throw names to sound like promotion but I think he will do good.

most client have pretty bad experience that people run away from it. if you ever sell or do program ubot base and your client figure it out you using ubot they will run and avoid you specially if they are in IM community it is like crucifixion because probably they have past experience using it.  there is a bug and it will take years to finish by that time you already learn real stuff,. but when you like to save time you want to get ubot started again and you will get in the same loop remember the first time why you stop using it. lol

I think they should focus on external browser

I hope they update it make ubot at least stable not just expensive icon on desktop.,

with the arrival of google Puppeteer and other automation tools this is really behind the only thing that most developer license still using it is 3rd party plugin and the visual programming but I think many tools I see are moving in visual programming give it time they won't be so unique ,

anyway I hope they will do more update. come on we are decade away for SUper AI and we are like this lol.

we are like caveman. haha,

anyway ubot is good for testing concept but recent version you can't do it at least hang or stuck take me reinstall my windows and use the light theme to lessen the stuck and loading..,

my advice if your new don't relay  on one tool ,

• Like 1