UBot Underground

What Is "save As Project Folder" ?

Hi, 

I am new here and i have a lot of problems with the Ubot...

One of them is  the following:

How to use the "save as project folder"  or ..how to save the project in order to be able to work from 2 pcs at that project ( of course not at the same time) ??

Facts:

I need to work on 2 PC ( one laptop ) and my desktop PC.( some time i need to stay in my bed because of back pain and to work on laptop, sometimes i need to continue to my desktop pc because og the larger screen)

I use dropbox  on both with the same path : c://dropbox//ubotprojects

I saw that if i create a project with multiple scripts i canot run the project from the other machine i have, unless i save first the project as folder  "save as project folder".  ( and i always have multiple scripts on my project)

Some time it is working to continue my work on the other  pc but sometime i do not find the project file i created. I can only open the FOLDER with "open folder"

In this case i loose very frequently my work because it does not save my work...i save with Ctrl S and when i reopen my folder the version of my scripts is ..old

What i am missing here?

Thank you

Dan

Edited by sheiku

You're on the right track.

Save as project folder allows you to save the project in a format appropriate for online version control via a platform such as github or bitbucket.

You can use these for version control. 

The process would involve saving the project folder every time you make a relevant update, pushing that update using the platform, and then downloading (pulling) the changes on your other machine, and loading the folder when you want to make changes inside of UBot Studio. 

• Like 2