UBot Underground

Odd Browser Issue - Anyone Else?

I put together a little program that logs into a google property... Been building these for years and never had an issue.

So google made a couple of little changes recently - pfft! easy to get by it... and then...

So, on my dev machine, my login process goes as expected - all good.

But customers were telling me it was failing.

So I uploaded my program to a fresh win7 and win10 install.

Failed....

Next I made it so that i could watch the entire process...

Here's the odd part.... I load the target page, enter the username, click the 'next' button - and instead of the next screen showing up, I get the about:blank page.

No- no browser reset or anything like that - no proxy change, nothing.

Here's the icing on the cake... it is doing this with browser 21 ....aaarrrgggg! The only browser that has worked for me, and now it too seems to be jicky.

So, anyone else had anything similar?

Oh, v50 ubot didn't play well with me so I went back down to v44 - I have built a lot of commercial bots with this build and they haver all worked just as expected... until now.

Any ideas?

I put together a little program that logs into a google property... Been building these for years and never had an issue.

So google made a couple of little changes recently - pfft! easy to get by it... and then...

So, on my dev machine, my login process goes as expected - all good.

But customers were telling me it was failing.

So I uploaded my program to a fresh win7 and win10 install.

Failed....

Next I made it so that i could watch the entire process...

Here's the odd part.... I load the target page, enter the username, click the 'next' button - and instead of the next screen showing up, I get the about:blank page.

No- no browser reset or anything like that - no proxy change, nothing.

Here's the icing on the cake... it is doing this with browser 21 ....aaarrrgggg! The only browser that has worked for me, and now it too seems to be jicky.

So, anyone else had anything similar?

Oh, v50 ubot didn't play well with me so I went back down to v44 - I have built a lot of commercial bots with this build and they haver all worked just as expected... until now.

Any ideas?

Try not to use newer User Agent strings with Chrome 21 and it should work well. Google will display to you an older login page.. let us know if it works..

The issue in my case - I had copied over a wait define call, but not the actual define itself, so the problems i was experiencing was 100% self-inflicted. ha!

making noob mistakes once in a while helps keep my ego in check!

• Like 1

The issue in my case - I had copied over a wait define call, but not the actual define itself, so the problems i was experiencing was 100% self-inflicted. ha!

making noob mistakes once in a while helps keep my ego in check!

The hardest problems to solve are always self created it seems :)