UBot Underground

[Exbrowser] Set Firefox Browser Default Download Directory

Hello guys !

I know how to set the default directory in Firefox using "$ExBrowser Generic Firefox Preference", "browser.download.dir", but I'm in a different situation. I need to set this directory after i have already launched the Firefox Browser, after searching in ExBrowser Manual, I didn't find anything, but I'm thinking if it is possible to use some cookie command/function to set with it opened, can someone help me with this, please ? Other ways are welcome too.

Thanks

Hello guys !

I know how to set the default directory in Firefox using "$ExBrowser Generic Firefox Preference", "browser.download.dir", but I'm in a different situation. I need to set this directory after i have already launched the Firefox Browser, after searching in ExBrowser Manual, I didn't find anything, but I'm thinking if it is possible to use some cookie command/function to set with it opened, can someone help me with this, please ? Other ways are welcome too.

Thanks

Can you explain the usecase please? Why do you have to set it later?

Thank you

Dan

• Like 1

Hello Dan !

usecase: I have a loop where I download files, but each file needs to be saved in separated folders. How the function web browser launcher is outside of this loop (and it's where I set the default directory), it's impossible to set it again without lauching again (and I can't do that), so all the files are being downloaded at the same folder and I need to organize them in the respective folders.

Hope you understand, thanks !

Hello Dan !

usecase: I have a loop where I download files, but each file needs to be saved in separated folders. How the function web browser launcher is outside of this loop (and it's where I set the default directory), it's impossible to set it again without lauching again (and I can't do that), so all the files are being downloaded at the same folder and I need to organize them in the respective folders.

Hope you understand, thanks !

Wouldn't it be easier to download them to the default folder and then move them afterwards via a regular windows CMD command?

Another alternative would be: 

If you can extract the download URL of the file from the HTML code, then you can also use the file download command. So you don't have to click the download link at all.

But without knowing the site and the html code I can't tell you if that's an option.

regards

Dan

• Like 1
Damm, definitely that's easier, I hadn't thought like this, haha.

easy peasy

set(#V_NMArqTrab,$next list item(%L_ArqsDoDir),"Global")

move file("{#V_DirDownloadArqs}\\{#V_NMArqTrab}","{#V_DirDownloadArqs}\\{$list item(%MinhaLista,#idLista)}")

About the download URL, that's not an option, no link :(

<button aria-disabled="false" role="button" id="tabViewProcesso:gedEFileDataTable:GedEFileViewDt:0:j_id_2gl_8_5_3k"                       name="tabViewProcesso:gedEFileDataTable:GedEFileViewDt:0:j_id_2gl_8_5_3k" class="ui-button ui-widget ui-state-default ui-corner-all ui-button-icon-only" onclick="" title="Baixar"                type="submit"><span class="ui-button-icon-left ui-icon ui-c ui-icon-arrowthickstop-1-s">

my problem is solved with your solution, but would be nice use a cookie to set the default directory and download directly where it should be =D

Thanks Dan !

Damm, definitely that's easier, I hadn't thought like this, haha.

easy peasy

set(#V_NMArqTrab,$next list item(%L_ArqsDoDir),"Global")
           move file("{#V_DirDownloadArqs}\\{#V_NMArqTrab}","{#V_DirDownloadArqs}\\{$list item(%MinhaLista,#idLista)}")

About the download URL, that's not an option, no link :(

<button aria-disabled="false" role="button" id="tabViewProcesso:gedEFileDataTable:GedEFileViewDt:0:j_id_2gl_8_5_3k"                       name="tabViewProcesso:gedEFileDataTable:GedEFileViewDt:0:j_id_2gl_8_5_3k" class="ui-button ui-widget ui-state-default ui-corner-all ui-button-icon-only" onclick="" title="Baixar"                type="submit"><span class="ui-button-icon-left ui-icon ui-c ui-icon-arrowthickstop-1-s">

my problem is solved with your solution, but would be nice use a cookie to set the default directory and download directly where it should be =D

Thanks Dan !

It depends on if the browser supports something like that. We can't change it's default behavior with our remote control.

Dan

• Like 1