UBot Underground

Anyone Else Experiencing Installer Compiler Issues And Compiled Bots Not Running Outside The Developer Machine? Is There A Fix For This?

I have a support ticket open and hopefully the issue is being resolved.  
However, I know there are some very smart people on this forum I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue and did you find a fix for it?
Is anyone else experiencing installer compiler issues and compiled bots not running outside the developer machine environment?  Is there a fix for this?

--------------------------------------------

My problems are various and has stopped me from moving forward with any development at this point.
To begin with my compiled bots will not open on any machine without Ubot Studio installed. After researching on the forum I tried to add the appdata for the browser and then run installer compiler. 

However, the installer compiler will not complete without throwing an alert.

Upon completion I get an alert "MakeNSIS does not exist!". I tried various folders and file names as well as different appdata selection and the same result as alert stated. post-19049-0-20322700-1471366423_thumb.png

Another alert message I got during 1 installer compiler completion was "An item with the same key has already been added". post-19049-0-18435200-1471366422_thumb.png

I uninstalled Ubot studio, deleted Ubot studio appdata then ran ccleaner to clean the registry. Downloaded a clean version of 5.9.33 from my Customer Dashboard and then reinstalled. I then rebooted the system, ran Ubot Studio as administrator and tried the installer compiler and the same result alert "MakeNSIS does not exist!" occurred. post-19049-0-20322700-1471366423_thumb.png

So, I compiled a simple test bot without an installer included.  The bot loads and runs fine on my developer machine. When I disconnect the internet from my developer machine the bot still loads properly and would navigate the urls if I were online.

However, when I tried to run the same bot on two different windows 8.1 systems (with full .Net and c++ distributes and windows updates) the bots will not load at all.

When connected to the internet there is no visible interface and task manager shows the bot as loading endlessly, this status never changes even when left hours. post-19049-0-01026600-1471366423_thumb.png

When disconnected from the internet I only get a popup alert declaring there is an error verifying files and it cant resolve to the amazon servers. post-19049-0-53127300-1471366422_thumb.png

I gave full permissions, complete firewall and file exceptions to these bots as I am only running windows firewall and windows malware monitor that is native in windows 8, I have no other security apps or third party software installed to block the running of my bots.
Ultimately I disabled the malware and firewalls completely and the bots still wont function on any computers except my developer machine.

I have included images of the alerts referenced as well as a copy of the test ubot file I used to compile.

Test1.ubot

On a side note I tried compiled bots using both chrome21 and chrome49 and it made no bit of difference.

Also there are no special plugins involved so I believe that can be eliminated as a possible cause as well.

I look forward to any resolution to these issues, as I have just invested in the Ubotter Unleashed licensing subscription for 12 months and the clock is ticking.

I am currently unable to develop anything to license and bring to market.

Thank You for you attention to this matter and any assistance you can provide.

--------------------------------------
Current system and Ubot version data below:

Operating System:* Windows 8.1    
UBot Studio Version:*     5.9.33
UBot Studio Edition:*     Developer's Edition
.Net Framework Version:*     .Net 4.6 - .Net 4.6.1
How much RAM do you have on your system?:*     16 GB
Full windows updates installed (minus windows 10 installers/popups)

Wow Thank You very much TJ! Your suggestion has made the installer compiler function!

I cant believe a simple misstep was creating the "MakeNSIS does not exist!" problem.

------------------------------

The compiler works but now I'm getting other errors when installing the installer compiled bot such as "Error opening file for writing:", it shows file path in c: leading to various ubot .dll's found in the browser app data folder.

If I select ignore button in alert it installs some more files then throws another error with same message just different .dll's.

Perhaps I didn't select and include all the proper dependencies, I'm not sure but Ill try a redo again and see if I can get a running bot.

I'm moving from stand still to steps in the right direction again.

AGAIN THANK YOU TJ

(Thank you LJ for the response as well)

Thanks again.

The installer compiler works and the setup file appears to work properly as well.

When I run the installed bot on my non Ubot Studio machines I am getting this error alert.

post-19049-0-86296500-1471382133_thumb.png

I have included all the files in folder C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\UBot Studio\Browser\5.9.33 and the subfolder/files at
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\UBot Studio\Browser\5.9.33\locales

What other files am I not includiding that gives me this error.

I am fairly certain I included the "locales\en-US.pak" when I selected files in C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\UBot Studio\Browser\5.9.33\locales

What am I missing?  What other files should be included and where should the be placed?

I really appreciate your assistance, Thank You again.

This is the current status update if anyone else is experiencing issues or following the thread.

Again, I appreciate any/all assistance from the forum members and staff support has followed up with me about the issue I'm having.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon and in all likelihood I could be making a simple stupid mistake to screw things up, I just don't know. :unsure:

----------------------------

I went back and verified that the installed .dlls were included and they are listed in the user-appdata-roaming folder for the installer compiled bot.
The file "en-US.pak" referenced in the alert is in fact included in the folder structure after my bot is installed.

Unfortunately, I still get the error message about missing dependencies and the bot stays stuck in loading status in the task manager.

post-19049-0-83467500-1471407443_thumb.png  post-19049-0-47144500-1471407499_thumb.png
Also if I'm not connected to the internet I still get the alert previously referenced "unable to verify files" on the amazon servers.
post-19049-0-96586600-1471407498_thumb.png
I discovered that the previous installer compiler attempts lost many files that I had highlighted and included from the ubot appdata folder, but never made it into the appdata folder for the compiled bot once installed. Only about 12 files survived the compile and install on previous attempts.
I used the CTRL - a to select all the .dll files and I also included the folder "locales" then used CTRL - a to select all the .dll files for that subfolder.
I tried to replicate the complete appdata folder/file structure to the best of my ability when selecting files and folder from the Ubot Studio appdata folder.

After renaming the bot and recompiling again multiple times, all but 1 file was transferred from the ubot appdata folder to the compiled and installed bot appdata folder.
I'm not sure which file is missing but most are there.
Appdata folder properties comparison result:
128 Files, 1 Folder - my compiled bots appdata folder after install
129 Files, 1 Folder - ubot appdata folder that I used the CTRL - a to select all the .dll files in.

I'm not sure whats going but at this point after being cautiously aware of my actions I don't believe the problem is caused any manual errors I may be producing.
I could be wrong and I might be over looking something I'm doing wrong on my end, I don't know, but hopefully this get me closer to a fix.

Thank You for your assistance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: Staff was able to reproduce the issue and they have added it to the tracker for a solution: http://tracker.ubotstudio.com/issues/1084

Edited by MMN454
  • Like 1

Trying the same thing and having the same issues, the installer is trying to put the browser files into Roaming/UBotStudio instead of putting them in the appdata folder that I'm specifying, it's a bug in the installer.  

The errors are coming from the files already being there and the installer trying to overwrite files that are already installed from what I can see.  This would cause issues if the user already had another Ubot on their system as they would butt heads and send off all of those errors, additionally I don't want a UbotStudio folder being put on a users machine. SO with that in mind I guess I'm going back to Inno even though creating a new file for this is going to be a pain with the new browser setup.

Peace,

LJ