UBot Underground

Safe To Buy Ubot Bots

Hello,

I wanted to ask your community a few questions;

Is it safe to buy bots made by others from the internet?

For example if you are paying someone for a ubot program obviously they will want to send it compiled in .exe format. Can you tell if the .exe has been created in ubot studio? Is it possible the bot can be a phishing scam?

Basically what precautions can you take to make sure your safe?

Thanks for your time

Buy your bots from here. There are many reputable people here.Skype with the if you like, people like to remain anon if they are trying to pull off scams. So the best precaution is to get to know the developer and develop a trust with them.

• Like 1

This is a great question and a great answer I'll elaborate on a bit.

The best way to be safe is to be a part of this community and buy through it.

Buy through the Store here or through the forum sales threads and you can check the reviews of other buyers, comment if there is a problem, and hold each other accountable. This is what makes the UBot community so great -  if someone is not being upfront or is hurting the community, buyers can bring it up and it will be very difficult for that person to sell in the future.

There are very few instances of any people selling bots or plugins in our community, and maybe none that I can remember. When we work to build great apps, plugins, etc, it improves the entire UBot community and the reputation that bots all over the web. When this happens, everyone profits.

• Like 2

If your still worried, you can always open the bot in a virtual machine -- its not 100% foolproof, but it is a help. But to add to what was said, email or skype the developer or web site. Check for support pages, etc -- in other words does it look legit? Pay by Paypal if possible.

But there are many programs out there that are written in Ubot, or C#, or VB that  are legit.If possible see what license someone has -- make sure they are using a legit license. 

But we have a shiny new store here, check it out!

• Like 1

But the question could also be attrubuted to buying anything on the Internet. Is it safe to buy. Surely ecommerce would not exist as it does today as it is the same question we asked 10 years ago. There are many on this forum who are selling 'Ubot bots' on the Internet and successful at it and in many cases without the 'Ubot bot feel' to appear as a 'normal' Windows application which buyers across the globe are used to.

So buying anything on the Internet whether it is Ubot bots, pure Python bots, C Sharp bots or whatever would require due dilligence when you are departing with your money. Is it necessary to know whether it is created in Ubot?

If you are buying anything online in 2015 and it does not have secure payment gateway then be concerned.

There are also anivirus websites that can check for possible malware.

You can also check for 'branding' of the product/company and observe what others are saying about the product.

• Like 2

They could bind a virus to the bot, so it will still work but you will be infected.

I recommend buying it, and letting it stay with you (without executing it) for at least a week.

If the virus was made F/UD (Fully/ Undetectable) it will atleast take a week before AVs pick it up.

I also recommend to get Eset Nod32, they are the first ones to detect a virus in most cases.

You can always use Sandboxie as well (This does not prevent people from stealing passwords from your default browser)

Or a virtual machine (This is the safest thing to do)

Also scan on Virus Total and on malwr.com, malwr.com will tell you if it connects to a suspicious domain and so on.

malwr.com is also a VM, so if the person who gave you the bot made an intelligent virus, he could make it so the virus won't execute under a VM.

Which means malwr.com might not pick it up

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the the time to reply I really appriciate it.

I havent bought a bot in the end, I thought I might try and make one myself, I saw that I can try the Ubot software for 30 days so I think I'll do that. I did some programming at college so hopefully I'll get on ok!

Can I create exe files with the standard edition?

Thanks again