UBot Underground

[Free] - Auto Update Plugin

Automatically Update Your Compiled Bots

This FREE Plugin will allow you to add an AutoUpdate Feature to your Bots for FREE.

Please watch the Demo Video below.

videoplaceholder.jpg

To get the plugin, you have to signup to my newsletter.
The download link will be distributed after you confirm the newsletter registration.

All updates and additional information's will be sent via that newsletter as well.

I will not send you any useless nonsense, or promote millions of useless products!

>>Click Here To Get The FREE Plugin<<

• Like 5

Nice share Dan, 

I usually use a similar method to push out updates that dont use ubotlocker,

but this will certainly make life just that little bit easier and reduce code ... win win :)

just downloading now so will certainly leave a some feedback once i get around to implementing 

Thanks

CJ

• Like 1

Hi Dan 

Brother thank you. This is just want I needed. You saved me 1 hour of email work. The project which I am busy with require the updates. Because on this specific project I don't use Meter's License System. The emails that I use to send out was about an hours work. Keep up the good work and thank you again Dan.

Regards

Vernon

Hey Dan - quick update... I've tried implementing this but its causing some weird behaviour in my bots

When I enable the plugin all is fine until I either compile or save and relaunch ubot. At the at point 3 weird empty tabs appear next to the 3 that should be in the project.

When I click on the I get an error alert about a script with this name already existing.

If I then disable to plugin and reload ubot the phantom tabs are gone.

Any ideas - I have various other plugins installed I wondered if could be a conflict??

Nice share, but this doent not work on ubot.4, right?

It doesnt even want to load as a plugin, tried even with Ubot launcher from Helloinsomnia.

I don't know. I'm not using V4 anymore.

Dan

Hey Dan - quick update... I've tried implementing this but its causing some weird behaviour in my bots

When I enable the plugin all is fine until I either compile or save and relaunch ubot. At the at point 3 weird empty tabs appear next to the 3 that should be in the project.

When I click on the I get an error alert about a script with this name already existing.

If I then disable to plugin and reload ubot the phantom tabs are gone.

Any ideas - I have various other plugins installed I wondered if could be a conflict??

Did you have any thoughts on this Dan? Be happy to pay to get this working as will have to crack on and code it myself if not...

Did you have any thoughts on this Dan? Be happy to pay to get this working as will have to crack on and code it myself if not...

Not really. never saw this behavior. And the plugin is not changing anything with UBot Studio at all. It's only executing when it's executed in a compiled bot.

Do you use Ubot V5.8.5? There are a couple of plugins who alter the behavior and look of Ubot Studio itself. 

Might be related to them? But really nothing I could think of in the update plugin. 

Dan

Ok Ignore me - I rebuilt the file pasting the code in and recompiled and its now working right - no weird tabs in ubot on reload either

Have to chalk it up to some microsoft vs ubot weirdness I guess!

Once again thanks for the plugin Dan and thanks for responding too :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Another update -  the phantom tabs problem came back and is really strange how it happens. It turns out the plugin this conflicts with is Pash's "Advanced uBot" - is anyone else able to recreate this or Dan any further ideas what it might be?

Cheers

Mike

Another update -  the phantom tabs problem came back and is really strange how it happens. It turns out the plugin this conflicts with is Pash's "Advanced uBot" - is anyone else able to recreate this or Dan any further ideas what it might be?

Cheers

Mike

No, I have no idea. And the plugin isn't doing anything at all with the ubot UI. And it's also not using any 3rd Party library or anything.

There is nothing I can do to fix that in the update plugin. Please talk to Pash. Maybe he has a newer version available as well? I know he updated some of his stuff recently.

You can also try to disable his UI modifications. If I remember correctly one of his plugins was able to change the UBot interface itself. 

Dan

Thanks for this Dan, what a great resource for our bots. Added it to one of our bots and keep getting an error that the updater.exe has stopped running right after I select to update the bot from the update notice screen. Runs fine silently and runs fine if there is no update available. I've included the updater.exe file in the app folder as per instructions and confirmed that it is in there.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mark

Thanks for this Dan, what a great resource for our bots. Added it to one of our bots and keep getting an error that the updater.exe has stopped running right after I select to update the bot from the update notice screen. Runs fine silently and runs fine if there is no update available. I've included the updater.exe file in the app folder as per instructions and confirmed that it is in there.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mark

On Windows 8.1? Or 10 already? I didn't test it on 10 yet. I'm still on 8.1 on my pc here. 

Might be a problem with windows 10 then. 

Has someone tested it with win10 already?

If it's not windows 10, do you have all the .Net frameworks installed? 4.5?

Could you please check your eventlog and tell me the exact error message you get there for updater.exe

Dan

Sure thing, Windows 7 and using .Net 4.5.51209 

Here are the errors from the event log for every time it stopped running:

Faulting application name: updater.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56054d99
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb1677
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000000940d

Application: updater.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info:  

Thanks!

Faulting application name: updater.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56054d99
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb1677

Exception Info:  

Thanks!

Hi. 

could you please send me a message (support(ad)bot-factory.com)

I have a test version for you to identify the issue.

Thanks

Dan

Exception Info:  

Thanks!

Ok, this error is because of windows system (NTFS) permissions probably. The updater.exe process is started with the same access rights as the user who's using the software. 

And if the application is installed in a folder that requires admin privileges to writes files, this will fail.

So there are a couple of things you can do:

1. User a different folder for the app where the user has write access

2. Change the folder / file permissions

3. Run the updater.exe file with admin permissions. You can change that in the file properties, or I can send you a version that will always start updater.exe with admin permissions. Send a ticket for that please.

Kindest regards

Dan

2 Things.... on the requirement to run the update in admin I set my app up to run a batch file at the end of the install to add a registry item to make sure windows runs as admin:

reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v "%YOURAPPLOCATION\Updater.exe" /t REG_SZ /d RUNASADMIN

The plugin works a treat tested across around 100 users and all updating fine on many different flavours of windows :-)

The other thing is a question for you Dan - do you have any tips for how to have the app periodically check for any updates and then run the command if required? I set a thread going to loop forever and run the command every half an hour but on testing couldn't get it to fire (although the thread seems to be alive)