UBot Underground

Ubot Locker JVZoo integration Problem

I made a sale on JVZoo today (first one) of a bot that is protected by Ubot Locker  and everything went fine with the sale, but the customer was not sent out the email from noreply@mydomain.com with the Ubot Locker license key.  I then ran a JVZoo test sale for $0.01 and the same thing happened (sale transacted fine but no license key email was sent out)  

Can anyone give me some guidance on how to troubleshoot the JVZoo process?  In my JVZoo product information in the External Program Integration, there is information in both the Method #1 JVZIPN URL as well as Method #3 PayPal IPN Forwarding.  Should both of these have information?  Should the radio button on the Method #1 be set to yes? Here is a link to the screenshot:  https://s3.amazonaws...roubleshoot.JPG

For a little background, before the product was approved in JVZoo I had set up PayPal buttons.  Could there be some conflict?  Should I delete my PayPal Button info since I am now selling through JVZoo?  

How should I troubleshoot this? Where should I start so that the license key email is automatically sent after a JVZoo sale.  I thought I followed the steps correctly in the manual.  Seemed pretty simple. 

Thanks

post-14352-0-74567500-1392410697_thumb.jpg

Hi nkjackson,

When the sales happened, was a license key created under "Manage Licenses", but no license key sent out? Or was there no license key created and no license key sent out? This is an important distinction.

If a key was created, but not emailed, then the problem is in your emailing code. Check that $siteUrl is set correctly in config.php, and that your provider allows you to send mails from PHP.

If a key was not created, and not emailed, then the problem is in communication from JVZoo. Usually this happens when someone typo'd the product name (it needs to be identical to the project name in UbotLocker). Sometimes this also happens when someone doesn't correctly enter the JVZoo secret key. Please verify these details.

There should be no conflict in between Paypal buttons and JVZoo. You can have both running at the same time.

Cheers,

-meter

PS I have replied to you here and in your PM.

No license key was created or sent out.  I had to create one manually and send to the customer with the Email link under 'Manage Licenses'.  When I did the test sale no license key was created either. I did check the secret key in the admin panel to make sure it matches the key in JVZoo.   I copied both the product name and the secret key from JVZoo and the Admin panel and pasted them in notepad one under the other and they match.  I don't see any typos with either.  I have a limited feature demo that I give away via email signups and the EmailListHook.php script executes fine and sends out the license key, so the $siteUrl is okay and the provider allows the emails to be sent out.  The problem seems to be contained to the items on JVZoo.

Edited by nkjackson

Hey nkjackson,

Yeah there are, but I'm not sure which :) JVZoo doesn't document which characters they filter out. Try testing by using a very simple secret key such as 'SECRETKEY'

-meter

Is there any harm in deleting the project in the locker admin panel and creating a new one to make sure it matches the JVZoo product.  I'm at a loss for ideas and don't want to have to manually issue each license.

Sounds like you are having the same problem I had. It's caused by mbstring not being enabled on your web host. If you have access to WHM then you need to do the following to fix it: -

1. login to WHM with root
2. click on software
3. click EasyApache (Apache Update)
4. click through steps 1 to 5
5. once on step 6. Exhaustive Options List
6. scroll down to mbstring and check it off
7. finish steps and let apache recompile

Hope that helps.

Hi nkjackson,

I am currently traveling this weekend and dont have access to a computer. Come Tuesday I'll shoot you a pm so we can screen share, and I can try to help you out. Sorry I can't help you much sooner,

-meter

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks meter for helping me resolve and close out this issue. Everything is working perfectly!

If you don't mind me asking, what was the issue? (I use JVZoo with meter's system all the time myself)

Meter navigated to my JVZooPaymentNotify.php in the browser and saw there was some line error.  Then he went into the file and made some changes, don't know exactly what, but I think it was some kind of date/time zone setting.  The next time he navigated to JVZooPaymentNotify.php it displayed "0" in the top left of the browser and that cleared it up.

• Like 1

Meter navigated to my JVZooPaymentNotify.php in the browser and saw there was some line error.  Then he went into the file and made some changes, don't know exactly what, but I think it was some kind of date/time zone setting.  The next time he navigated to JVZooPaymentNotify.php it displayed "0" in the top left of the browser and that cleared it up.

Interesting, I get the same error too, but for me it seems to work well (other than a few sales with special characters in the buyers' names).

It was an error specific to nkjackson's server. It is normal to get a date/time error when navigating to JVZooPaymentNotify.php, but not normal to get the error he was getting :)

-meter

• Like 1

It was an error specific to nkjackson's server. It is normal to get a date/time error when navigating to JVZooPaymentNotify.php, but not normal to get the error he was getting :)

-meter

Oh ok, thanks meter! :)

Have a nice week!

• 1 year later...

I had sold over 100 copies in jvzoo in november and this licensing system with jvzoo worked great, except for one or two folks who didnt get the email but thats because they didnt use the regular yahoo,, gmail or normal email providers, they used some other mailing service.do u think there are some email service providers for which license key may not be received via email.