UBot Underground

[BUY] Prevent Man in the Middle Plugin

Hello.

I'm looking for a way to prevent a man in the middle attack. 

My bot is communicating with some HTTPS websites. And sometimes I have to integrate login details into the bot. 

The bot itself is encrypted and secured with a 3rd Party protection mechanism. 

But I'm not able to validate the SSL communication from my bots to the https websites.

So if someone is using a software like Fiddler (http://fiddler2.com/) he could install a special "man in the middle" certificate which is fully trusted on his computer. 

And the software will intercept the communication from the bot and present it's own SSL certificate. Which is the completely trusted. 

The certificate looks valid, but it's from "DO_NOT_TRUST_FiddlerRoot". 

So I'm looking for a way to check specific values of the certificate. To ensure that it's really the certificate that should belong to the site I'm communicating with. 

And not just checking the signature hierarchy.

I think this is called certificate pinning. 

I'm not sure if it can be done with a plugin or with ubot in general. Because those infos are normally not exposed by the ubot browser. 

But maybe there is another way to do that?

So if someone has a smart idea how to do that, please contact me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan

An additional information. Maybe useful:

the best you can do is to exempt that application’s traffic from decryption by setting the x-no-decrypt Session flag on the CONNECT tunnel. This flag will prevent Fiddler from decrypting the traffic in the tunnel and it will flow through Fiddler uninterrupted.

...there isn't much you can do against fiddler and MITM attacks if is going through HTTP traffic. The best way is to NOT use login details.

If there would be a way for certificate pinning, you could detect that and stop the bot. With a regular .NET application that's relatively easy to do.

Dropbox for example is using such a technique. So if you start Fiddler to analyze the dropbox communication, you can't because the app can detect that the destination website is not using the correct SSL certificate.

Dan

Great idea for a security plugin, we need it since what many of the bots are used for can be both considered unwelcome geust and potentially contain data the attacker may like, ie lists of usernames passwords, all type of credentials nicely formatted into lists for them. lol

Look into how some banks are securing ive tried setting my laptop as a wifi hotspot with fiddler running and connect to the laptop all secure app traffic can be decoded but bank traffic detects the fake circ on my phone and that theres something in the middle