• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1
  • Total Memory:More Than 9Gb
  • Framework:v3.5 & v4.0
  • License:Developer Edition

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

I'd like to suggest that "$special folder" got enhanced to handle symbolic names. Let me take an example.

The folder for program files are not always called "Program Files", in fact the name it has is associated with the localization of Windows, e.g. in Swedish the name is just plain and simple "Program" and I know there are variant of this in other localizations of Windows, and it might vary with Windows versions too. The way the "$special folder" function works is that it just seem to take a fix string as an argument, e.g.

clear list(%programFolderContents)
add list to list(%programFolderContents, $get files($special folder("Program Files"), "Yes"), "Delete", "Global")

In order to create generic bots I would instead like to see using e.g. the Windows symbolic name %programfiles% , e.g.

clear list(%programFolderContents)
add list to list(%programFolderContents, $get files($special folder("%programfiles%"), "Yes"), "Delete", "Global")

Normally, if you want to echo the translation o fthe symbolic name from within Windows you use the percentage character before and after the symbolic name you want to use but maybe, since UBot is using % as an indicator for a list, another directive should be used.

Nevertheless, having the ability to translate the Windows builtin symbolic names in the "$special folder" function would be a great enhancement. In fact now with the Windows Automation capabilities of UBot it makes it even more important.

#2 LoWrIdErTJ - BotGuru

LoWrIdErTJ - BotGuru

Botguru.net

• Moderators
  • 4484 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Total Memory:8Gb
  • Framework:v4.5+, unsure
  • License:Developer Edition

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

i believe you can already use the %appdata% or others in the full path required areas of nodes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users