UBot Underground

Stop the bot protection hysteria already!

Ubot studio could have been a real compiler and compiled code to dot net framework at least. At the moment, it's just a wrapper around ubotstudio interpreter and the source code is still clearly visible after cracking, as clear as you code it in ubotstudio. The only way to secure is to code your main logic + licensing in plugins + obfuscate this plugins. This seems somewhat defeat the main purpose of having ubotstudio (ie as a way to code a bot without being a programmer).

The "best" way to approach cracked code is to use generic bot name. Dont name your bot with unique brand name. It's too easy to get high in google search (and the cracked version will most likely get higher search rank that your "new" PR0 bot website). If you name your bot generic like twitter bot instead of tweetattack, it's much harder for people to find the hacked version. This is the main reason why OP didn't have much issue with imacros script imho. People can't search on it, it's not exactly easy to find it on google or even in blackhat forum. Generic name has it's own problem too but I wont go into it here.

• Like 1
Yes, it should be... but it isn't.

This threat has been around for quite awhile now with no attempt from devs to remedy it, making it quite obvious that they believe it to be our problem and not theirs... at any rate, that is beside the point, the main thing is that we now have a working solution that is probably superior to anything they could come up with anyway...

:rolleyes: 

Think you have hit the nail on the head there.

• 4 years later...

From experience, I can argue that protecting one's code is a good thing. Yes, all code is hackable but the whole point here is like putting a lock on your door to your house. Why? It won't stop someone who truly wants to break in. BUT it's there to keep the honest people honest.

I've sold bots that were unprotected and bots that are and I make way, way more on protected bots. Is it a pain in my butt - yep it is, but again it makes a difference.

And I've got to stand up for the dev's here too. There is no way to make code completely unhackable. I wish there was because it would make my day. Again, we are trying to keep the honest people honest.

Frank