UBot Underground

searching a list for regex

Once again, I really fail to see what i am doing wrong, why doesnt this work?

if($contains($list item(%forum_names_demo1, $list position(%forum_names_demo1)), $find regular expression($list item(%forum_names_demo1, $list position(%forum_names_demo1)), "[nN]ame|[Ll]ocation|[Cc]ity"))) {

Do tell, i have fed in a list that contains data not matching the regex, yet ubot processes the THEN statement assuming that IF is matched

you are not looping through the list for one... Try this:

loop($list total(%forum_names_demo1)) {

if($contains($next list item(%forum_names_demo1), $find regular expression($next list item(%forum_names_demo1), "[nN]ame|[Ll]ocation|[Cc]ity"))) {

then {

}

else {

}

}

}

John

Ummmm actually I have done that, i just never copied the code, i have copied a bit more, see if you can catch what im doing wrong here

clear list(%forum_names_demo1)
clear list(%forum_names_demo2)
set(#forums_test_variable, "", "Global")
add list to list(%forum_names_demo1, $list from file("D:\\forums\\demo.txt"), "Delete", "Global")
add list to list(%forum_names_demo2, $list from file("D:\\forums\\demo1.txt"), "Delete", "Global")

wait(1)
   if($contains($list item(%forum_names_demo1, $list position(%forum_names_demo1)), $find regular expression($list item(%forum_names_demo1, $list position(%forum_names_demo1)), "[nN]ame|[Ll]ocation|[Cc]ity"))) {
       then {
           set(#forums_test_variable, $find regular expression($list item(%forum_names_demo1, $list position(%forum_names_demo1)), "[nN]ame|[Ll]ocation|[Cc]ity"), "Global")
           save to file("D:\\forums\\bath.txt", #forums_test_variable)

this is not the whole code tho'

If you were to add a stat monitor you would see you are not looping through the list. Use next list item, or this method:

ui stat monitor("Position", #position)

add list to list(%forum_names_demo1, $list from file("C:\\Users\\John\\Documents\\proclist.txt"), "Delete", "Global")

add list to list(%forum_names_demo2, $list from file("D:\\forums\\demo1.txt"), "Delete", "Global")

set(#position, 0, "Global")

if($contains($list item(%forum_names_demo1, #position), $find regular expression($list item(%forum_names_demo1, $list position(%forum_names_demo1)), "[nN]ame|[Ll]ocation|[Cc]ity"))) {

then {

set(#forums_test_variable, $find regular expression($list item(%forum_names_demo1, $list position(%forum_names_demo1)), "[nN]ame|[Ll]ocation|[Cc]ity"), "Global")

}

}

increment(#position)

}

John

like i said that wasnt the WHOLE code, now i have copied the WHOLE code, let me know what is wrong (also i have just one item in my list, so i dont see what the prob is) and why do i have to set the list position as 0 initially, if all lists are cleared it should start automatically from 0.

add list to list(%forum_names_demo1, $list from file("D:\\forums\\demo.txt"), "Delete", "Global")

if($contains($list item(%forum_names_demo1, 0), "name")) {

then {

alert("POP")

}

}

wait(1)

then {

if($either($comparison($change text casing(#forums_test_variable, "Lower Case"), "=", "name"), $comparison($change text casing(#forums_test_variable, "Lower Case"), "=", "first name"))) {

then {

change attribute(<id="{$list item(%forum_names_demo2, $list position(%forum_names_demo1))}">, "value", #forums_fn)

}

}

if($either($comparison($change text casing(#forums_test_variable, "Lower Case"), "=", "city"), $comparison($change text casing(#forums_test_variable, "Lower Case"), "=", "location"))) {

then {

change attribute(<id="{$list item(%forum_names_demo2, $list position(%forum_names_demo1))}">, "value", #forums_city)

}

}

}

else {

change attribute(<id="{$list item(%forum_names_demo2, $list position(%forum_names_demo1))}">, "value", $prompt($list item(%forum_names_demo1, $list position(%forum_names_demo1))))

}

}

set list position(%forum_names_demo1, $add($list position(%forum_names_demo1), 1))

set list position(%forum_names_demo2, $add($list position(%forum_names_demo2), 1))

}

Because a loop is not going to iterate through a list of items unless you explicitly tell it to. Yes clearing the list resets the position, but without coding instructions to move through each list item, it will just stay on the first list item for as many cycles as you have instructed it to. In my example I set the variable for the list position so I can increment it. That tells it to go to the next item, and then the next, etc...you can also use next list item. What you cannot do is what you did in the code you gave me. Again, put up a stat monitor to monitor the list position, and you will see yours stays on 0.

John