Photo

It's Here!! UBot Studio 4 Beta is HERE!!

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 mojpoj

mojpoj

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Total Memory:8Gb
  • Framework:v4.0
  • License:Developer Edition

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

I see the front page of ubotstudio says V4 is out. Does this mean the beta period is over?

If so, how can I get the stable version? Support ticket?

Thanks

#42 Eddie Waller

Eddie Waller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1006 posts
  • LocationEast Lansing, MI
  • Total Memory:3Gb
  • Framework:v3.5 & v4.0

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

I see the front page of ubotstudio says V4 is out. Does this mean the beta period is over?

If so, how can I get the stable version? Support ticket?

Thanks

Nope it's not out yet, sorry for the confusion. The front page has been corrected :).

#43 Saxon

Saxon

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Total Memory:More Than 9Gb

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

Nope it's not out yet, sorry for the confusion. The front page has been corrected :).

Seth said "a few days" in the email. Do we have a date?

#44 imservices

imservices

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Total Memory:< 1Gb
  • Framework:v3.5
  • License:Standard Edition

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:22 PM

Seth said "a few days" in the email. Do we have a date?

Would also like to know. before I was thinking man I don't need that uBot works great. Watched the video in the e-mail and I instantly had an idea for a new bot that uses some new features, now I can't freaking wait!

#45 tooltrainer

tooltrainer

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Total Memory:4Gb
  • Framework:v4.5+, unsure

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

No answer to clarify the below?

Jonathan

Did anyone figure out how to pay via paypal? I just always get taken to a page that adds a standard license to my cart.

Also I'm really not clear on this $4.99/month thing. I have the original UBot from way back when. I never upgraded as I didn't feel that my use of the program justified the cost since there was only one feature that I needed from the upgraded license choices. Now it sounds like I can upgrade to the latest for $4.99/month, yes? But what license does that actually get me?

Jonathan

#46 JohnB

JohnB

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 3356 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

The 4.99/mo is for continued updates and bug fixes after your free period has ended. If you purchased UBot before June 1st of this year, you had 12 months of free updates and bug fixes. After June 1st, it went to 3 months. If you are beyond your free period you can subscribe to the updates at:

http://ubotstudio.co...spx?ProductID=8

It doesn't "get" you a license. It provides updates and bug fixes for the license you have. I hope that clears it up a bit for you.

John

#47 tooltrainer

tooltrainer

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:04 AM

OK so for $4.99/mo I can continue to have access to the level of UBot that I already have, but with the latest version? I think I get it now.

So the next question is, what's the breakdown of new features by license edition? Since I only have a "basic" (or whatever it's called) license, are there any of the new features that I don't get?

Jonathan

#48 BeerNut

BeerNut

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Framework:v4.0

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

I am also pretty confused by all of this. The email you guys sent out said 4.99 not 4.99 a month, it also said pro is $135.

So the question is can I just pay 4.99 once and get updated to 4 and then cancel the updates?
I assume the $5/mo is for keeping the push button account maker updated is this the main updates planned? It can't be so buggy that it needs monthly updates could it?
If I get the pro upgrade for $135 do I also get to pay the $5/mo on top of that?

I ask because ubot is not something I use enough for a 5/mo in updates. When I need a scraper I just open it up and make my own. Its been worth the $200 a paid when it came out, but its not part of my everyday business. I just want a working copy ready when I need it. To many softwares that I buy with a monthly cost just never get used and end up sucking up money.

#49 tooltrainer

tooltrainer

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

This is exactly my situation as well... I use UBot only a few times a year, and when I do I'm very glad to have it. But I'm not sure it justifies another monthly subscription. For some people who use it day in and day out, it would obviously be worth every penny... but right now that's not me.

Can Seth or anyone with the actual answers please address this? What exactly are the features a holder of an original UBot license gets with this new version, and can we pay the $4.99 once to get the latest version and then cancel the subscription (forgoing updates unless we pay $4.99 again, of course).

Jonathan

#50 tooltrainer

tooltrainer

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:16 AM

Any chance of some sort of followup on this? I really would love to know the answers...

Jonathan

#51 Lombi

Lombi

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationLjubljana, Slovenia

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

This is exactly my situation as well... I use UBot only a few times a year, and when I do I'm very glad to have it. But I'm not sure it justifies another monthly subscription. For some people who use it day in and day out, it would obviously be worth every penny... but right now that's not me.

Can Seth or anyone with the actual answers please address this? What exactly are the features a holder of an original UBot license gets with this new version, and can we pay the $4.99 once to get the latest version and then cancel the subscription (forgoing updates unless we pay $4.99 again, of course).

Jonathan

Pretty sure you can, you have the licence, the subscription is just for the upgrades. It was actually supposed to be the same for v3, they just never got around to charge for the updates (you got a year of free updates with the purchase)

You can already try the beta and see if it's right for you. It is for me :)

#52 Eddie Waller

Eddie Waller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1006 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:33 AM

Jonathan

From what I understand you should be able to sign up for updates, update, and then cancel your subscription costing you $4.99. After you cancel you won't receive any more updates until you subscribe again

#53 lowno

lowno

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • License:Professional Edition

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

Any upgraders from December to now? I upgraded in December from standard to pro. Is that when the 12 months of support was reset or is it from the standard purchase date? I am sure many people are in the same situation having upgraded when the new versions were released.

#54 JohnB

JohnB

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 3356 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:13 AM

If you purchased UBot prior to June 1st of this year, you received 12 months of free updates.

John

#55 tooltrainer

tooltrainer

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

I'm still not clear on what features each license level gets with the new approach. If I have only the "standard" license or whatever it's called, is there anything in the latest version that would not be activated? Normally I would play with the beta myself but just have too much on my plate right now to invite another distraction.

Jonathan

#56 Eddie Waller

Eddie Waller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1006 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

I'm still not clear on what features each license level gets with the new approach. If I have only the "standard" license or whatever it's called, is there anything in the latest version that would not be activated? Normally I would play with the beta myself but just have too much on my plate right now to invite another distraction.

Jonathan

The new features that will be pro license or higher are image recognition, code view, and browser setting commands such as disabling images. There will be a comparison chart up when UBot 4 is released.

#57 lowno

lowno

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:36 PM

If you purchased UBot prior to June 1st of this year, you received 12 months of free updates.

John

I am referring to people that paid for an upgrade last december. Not people that got updates. Meaning I bought Ubot Standard in January of last year, BUT I paid to upgrade last December to Ubot Pro. So I have had Ubot Pro for 8 months. Thats my question, if people that PAID to upgrade receive 12 months of support from the upgrade purchase date.

#58 Eddie Waller

Eddie Waller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1006 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

I am referring to people that paid for an upgrade last december. Not people that got updates. Meaning I bought Ubot Standard in January of last year, BUT I paid to upgrade last December to Ubot Pro. So I have had Ubot Pro for 8 months. Thats my question, if people that PAID to upgrade receive 12 months of support from the upgrade purchase date.

No, the 12 (now 3) months of support is from the initial purchase date.

Hope that clears that up.

#59 lowno

lowno

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:41 PM

No, the 12 (now 3) months of support is from the initial purchase date.

Hope that clears that up.

Thanks Eddie for the clarification. While I think their should be 12 months from the paid upgrade to the more expensive version, we are only talking about 5 bucks, lol!

#60 Praney Behl

Praney Behl

Master Blaster

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 2408 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:53 AM

I would say, this would be the 5 bucks well invested. But if thats what your intention is, then you may wanna wait for the release version.haha

The number of possibilities to do something with a tool you master, are only limited to your imagination. Try to think outside of the box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users