UBot Underground

Regex For Strong Password Creation Example....

Great routine.

Suggestion. As someone who used to work in the security industry, you might want to test for non-numeric and non-alphabetic characters as they really push the security of a password up. Your routine told me I had a strong password when in reality it had one Uppercase, 2 numbers and the rest were lower case characters. I was expecting to see a Low. I then changed one character to upper case and then I got Strong.

Again great start and my comments are just my opinion.

I gave you a +1 because I have not seen this kind usage for a bot and it is a great idea. A while back I created a bot routine that generated strong passwords. Great idea.

• Like 1

I hear you BotBuddy but for this particular bot it was part of another bot

that signs up to websites and I noticed a lot of them required 1 capital

letters and at least eight characters. Which is typically good enough when

signing up at most websites.

But if I were automating the creation of a MySql database I just might

tweak the RegEx to require a non numeric or non alphabetic character.

James

Great routine.

Suggestion. As someone who used to work in the security industry, you might want to test for non-numeric and non-alphabetic characters as they really push the security of a password up. Your routine told me I had a strong password when in reality it had one Uppercase, 2 numbers and the rest were lower case characters. I was expecting to see a Low. I then changed one character to upper case and then I got Strong.

Again great start and my comments are just my opinion.

I gave you a +1 because I have not seen this kind usage for a bot and it is a great idea. A while back I created a bot routine that generated strong passwords. Great idea.