UBot Underground

Security Certificate Error - Help Needed...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311269

Solution (google the error code and file Microsoft support resolution)

as seen above.

Thanks mate, I tried this, did what it said. Then it lead me to another error, did a search again, tried the solution, followed by another error..

Hi guys I have recently moved my hosting, and IE 8 doesn't like the hosting login page's security certificate error. Well in Internet Explorer I can get away with it by hitting the "Continue to this website (not recommended)." But in Ubot I can't get past that screen. When I click on "Continue to this website (not recommended).", it doesn't seem to do nothing.. It have really annoyed me. I have put in several hours but can't really get past it. I have tried every single effort to import and install the Security certificate for the Website but no success.

http://i56.tinypic.com/4scoxs.png

I wonder if anyone here could help me with this issue , Seth. Lilly, John, and others?

Shall really appreciate it..

Praney

I had the same problem with Win7 and XP-SP3/IE8 i did the below to fix it and allow me to login to my host that was giving the security certificate error.

#################################

A. Browse to the site whose certificate you want to trust.

B. When told "There is a problem with this website's security certificate.", choose "Continue to this website (not recommended)."

C. Select Tools->Internet Options.

D. Select Security->Trusted sites->Sites.

E. Confirm the URL matches, and click "Add" then "Close".

F. Close the "Internet Options" dialog box with either "OK" or "Cancel".

G. Close browser

###

1. Start IE with Run as Administrator

2. Browse to server computer using the computer name (ignore certificate warnings)

3. Click the â€ÂCertificate Error†text in the top of the screen and select â€ÂView certificatesâ€Â

4. In the Certificate dialog, click Install Certificate -> Next

5. Select Place all certificates in the following store -> Browse

6. Check Show Physical Stores check box

7. Select Trusted Root Certificate Authorities – Local Computer

8. Click OK – Next – Finish – Ok

9. Restart IE

From this website, click this link for more options.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/681695/what-do-i-need-to-do-to-get-ie8-to-accept-a-self-signed-certificate

The issue isn't so much the security warnings show up, it's more the fact they can't be clicked in UBot (but can be in other browsers)...it's being looked at by the development team. Hopefully there will be an update soon.

Have already done that, but it doesn't work form me. Have tried other dozen things too, but not seems to work, even reinstalled windows but...

Although as John also mentioned that, this this thread is not about that issues, but the inability of Ubot to click the link and move forward.

Praney

I had the same problem with Win7 and XP-SP3/IE8 i did the below to fix it and allow me to login to my host that was giving the security certificate error.

A. Browse to the site whose certificate you want to trust.

B. When told "There is a problem with this website's security certificate.", choose "Continue to this website (not recommended)."

C. Select Tools->Internet Options.

D. Select Security->Trusted sites->Sites.

E. Confirm the URL matches, and click "Add" then "Close".

F. Close the "Internet Options" dialog box with either "OK" or "Cancel".

G. Close browser

###

1. Start IE with Run as Administrator

2. Browse to server computer using the computer name (ignore certificate warnings)

3. Click the â€ÂCertificate Error†text in the top of the screen and select â€ÂView certificatesâ€Â

4. In the Certificate dialog, click Install Certificate -> Next

5. Select Place all certificates in the following store -> Browse

6. Check Show Physical Stores check box

7. Select Trusted Root Certificate Authorities – Local Computer

8. Click OK – Next – Finish – Ok

9. Restart IE

From this website, click this link for more options.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/681695/what-do-i-need-to-do-to-get-ie8-to-accept-a-self-signed-certificate

• 2 weeks later...

ok looks like ezine articles had an issue for the day - trust me to try and code on that day :-) -

still wouild be great to know what we should do with sites that have issues like this - other then use Firefox

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about this case it happens again try the following..

If you encounter a security certificate error, then do the following:

1) Open internet explorer > internet options > advanced > scroll all the way down and find "warn about certificate address mismatch*" and uncheck that > scroll up a bit to "check for server certificate revocation" and uncheck that also. Hit apply and save or w.e and that should fix the issues.

2) Remember to click the "clear ssl state" on the content tab in the options.

3) Also, make sure that your system date and time are correct.

I managed to fix this issue a a week or two ago when i started getting it on livejurnal and a couple other sites, remember dropping security settings (only use IE for ubot anyway) and it went away.

There was one setting in the advanced tab too, not sure which one of those two worked.

• 5 years later...

Sorry for bumping this old topic, but i had similar error and Switching from Options > Chromium version 21 to 49 have solved the problem!

Just saying it if someone gets into this trouble and wonder WTF for weeks like i did.

• Like 1