UBot Underground

Multi-Tasking in UbotStudio - Take it and Bake it !

How did you like it?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Share your views on how did you like this post?

• Informative and Helpful :)
    • Just another post on Multi-threading :|
    • No use :(

Hi you peeps out there,

This is for everyone of those fellows, who are still scratching their heads on how to use the "thread" command in Ubot to achieve Multi-Tasking their tasks. I know there are many pros there, who are already using thread command in there bots or are working on the implementation of such a technique to their existing bots.

There could be numerous ways to do this, but I thought I'll take the pain to bring it to all of you in a simple way.

I have compiled this script from various resources on this forum and some from my own experiences and tweaks. Thanks to the members who have contributed in it. It is a very basic script which adds a list of keywords and asks the user for - how many threads to run, and searches Bing for that particular keyword and navigates to the next 3 pages if any.

Note: I have restricted this script to use only a maximum of 4 threads at once. This is just due to the smaller size of the list. I have so far tried a list of over 700+ and 25 consecutive threads. I did have a few minor problems running that many threads, but I will discuss them later on in this post.

The no. of threads determine the individual browser windows performing a set of tasks.

Then it divides the the main list into equal or similar no.s of keywords for each thread.

As much as I like to discuss it in detail I am unable to do it due to time limitation but I'll will be around, and won't mind helping if you have queries.

So throw your views and ideas on the table. I am sure everyone here will have something to contribute and its only an initial learning curve for many of us.

So people point out if you get stuck somewhere, there are many members here to help each other.

I would like to know how are you guys doing or thinking of using this command. Maybe throw in ideas on how would you like to use it and I'll try and throw in the code for it if I could or else as i mentioned before, there are many pros here, whom I think will not mind to solve your problem.

I hope this post helps you understand thread command better.

Say thanks if its of any help to you. http://i52.tinypic.com/deuwk0.png

Cheers!

Praney ;)

Mods. : You may wanna sticky this post for future reference and discussion.

P.S. Please keep this thread for discussion about the "Multi-Tasking"/"Multi-Threading"/"Using Thread command" ONLY. There are several threads out there but none make much sense and then they get distracted to other topics. Please refer to other topics by providing a link to the thread. Let keep it clean.

Edit: Bug fix, updated script at : http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5995-multi-tasking-in-ubotstudio-take-it-and-bake-it/page__view__findpost__p__28066

Bing Search Muti-Threaded.ubot

Edited by PraneyBehl
  • Like 19

Thanks very much Praney for your time on this!

I do have a quick question for you. There's one command in the middle that seems to be something I've never seen before:

post-504-1295365638215_thumb.jpg

Well, this is turning out to be a ton of lessons P! I didn't know that you can insert a javascript command native into an eval statement. It seems to piss off ubot if you try to touch it after, but it works!

If anyone else is wondering what this is, http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4016-how-to-loop-to-1-decimal-place/

Thanks!

Frank

I do have a quick question for you. There's one command in the middle that seems to be something I've never seen before:

Well, this is turning out to be a ton of lessons P! I didn't know that you can insert a javascript command native into an eval statement. It seems to piss off ubot if you try to touch it after, but it works!

If anyone else is wondering what this is, http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4016-how-to-loop-to-1-decimal-place/

Thanks!

Frank

Frank, I am not sure about that, but I have been using native javascript for a long time without any problem. I will be doing some advance testing on this today and will post the results.

Thanks,

Praney

I got a message from a fellow botter that the script is not working properly, and there was a list item exceeded error. I just checked and there was a little bug. I have fixed the script and uploaded to this post.

Thanks to Dave(Pftg41).

Thanks,

Praney

Bing Search Muti-Threaded_updated.ubot

• Like 1

Thanks!

Frank

Frank,

You are right, it seems I have been always using native javascript, where there was JS on the page. You may have tried this script in the Ubot interface and it worked. But I think Ubot site has some JS elements on it so it worked.

To try this, if you compile this script, the compiled .exe bot will have a blank screen, and the bot fail to do any JS calculations. So it is now clear to me that, native JS is a limitation of Ubot.

Thanks,

Praney

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

is it possible to be logged into different accounts at the same time, on the same site with multi-threading?

Essentially i think you would want to use sockets to do this if im not mistaken.

Anyone? i have limited use with threading and sockets at the moment..

• Like 1

Okay, so you basically just set each thread to it's own proxy, using sockets? Is that the basic idea?

Yes, try to change proxy within the sockets compartment instead of the thread, getting results is purely dependent on how you do it, as there can be a few ways on how it can be done but not essential all will give same/ desired results.

Praney

Yes, try to change proxy within the sockets compartment instead of the thread, getting results is purely dependent on how you do it, as there can be a few ways on how it can be done but not essential all will give same/ desired results.

Praney

Thanks for the advice Praney. I've been playing with socket compartments for the first time tonight, and am having some troubles getting it towork effectively with youtube.

• 1 year later...