UBot Underground

Page Cant Be Displayed

what are our options when the page cant be displayed error pops up on the screen?...right now i just hit the refresh button or shut down the bot and change my ip...what what can we program to give to the user to make it fully automated...or is there a pop up we can trigger to tell the user to shut it down or something?...have u guys been seeing this error and if so how have you been dealing with it?

I don't think that's a solution really... The error popping up is probably a windows error. Hmm.

When I tried what he said, I got the "This program cannot display the webpage" error.

I just tried it on my laptop and got a different error, one from my internet provider.

If it is a windows error, then try the "click dialog button", but you might need to add

a delay between the "nav" and the "click dialog button".

i tried to put in a "while" search page then run sub...but then it went into a crazy loop and froze up and had to be shut down...mind u i had lost all the work done up till that point (damn...when is auto save coming?????)

I think I've misunderstood something, because im not getting this error.

Tried to go to http://google and it was just giving me the standard sitecouldntbeshown-error. No popup.

I don't understand either. The only way I got a pop-up error is when I mis-typed a comma for a dot.

See if "http://google,com" won't pop an error for you.

what are our options when the page cant be displayed error pops up on the screen?...right now i just hit the refresh button or shut down the bot and change my ip...what what can we program to give to the user to make it fully automated...or is there a pop up we can trigger to tell the user to shut it down or something?...have u guys been seeing this error and if so how have you been dealing with it?

Well whenever I use proxy support in any of my bots I use the If --> Search Page --> Then Run Sub

Basically if the webpage doesn't load the bot will continue with the next loop til it finds a working proxy.

So lets say I made a Youtube account creator, well if Youtube's page didn't load because of a bad proxy my bot wouldn't produce any errors. Why? Because the "Search Page" didn't return true and so the sub will not run, causing the bot to instantly loop back and find a working proxy.

This keeps most of my bots running smooth. Also if you play around with the"not" qualifier you can do some other things with it as well.

Well whenever I use proxy support in any of my bots I use the If --> Search Page --> Then Run Sub

Basically if the webpage doesn't load the bot will continue with the next loop til it finds a working proxy.

So lets say I made a Youtube account creator, well if Youtube's page didn't load because of a bad proxy my bot wouldn't produce any errors. Why? Because the "Search Page" didn't return true and so the sub will not run, causing the bot to instantly loop back and find a working proxy.

This keeps most of my bots running smooth. Also if you play around with the"not" qualifier you can do some other things with it as well.

that sounds like what i want to do...thanx...yet again gogetter

• 1 month later...

I am getting the "This program cannot display the webpage" error on my very first bot. Help!

I just made a simple bot that will log into my Wordpress blog and enable some plugins. All went perfectly as I programmed it, and just before I compiled the bot, it ran flawlessly on an entire site.

Then I compiled the bot, and went to another one of my blogs. (On a different hosting server, but still a WP blog I own at a Hostgator shared server.)

When I open up my compiled .exe bot, and finally get it past the 200,000 Firewall and Antivirus prompts that try to convince me that this bot is the devil, It can't even load the dang page. All I see is the Server(or DNS) reply: "This program cannot display the webpage"

I copied and pasted the URL it attempted into IE and Firefox, both loaded beautifully. I tried again with all AV and firewall software disabled fully, no better. This bot is obviously being persecuted against by either my ISP or my Hostgator server somehow.

Help!

Send the .ubot to me in either a pm or in a mail to alex at ideafusion.co.uk and I'll take a look at it

Sent last night.

I've created and compiled 3 other bots since, ALL of which have the exact same problem: None can get past this error page when trying to go anywhere at all.

I'm using Comodo Firewall and Avast AV on Windows Vistard. The error is exactly the same when they are running or turned off.

Further, I even tried turning on HotSpot Sheild (IP Privacy service, changes PC's IP every 1/2 hour) and still got the error.

Is there something fundamental I'm missing about being able to make compiled bots browse the web at all?? If so, I sure didn't see anything about this in the tutorials. :(

Hi can you share and advise how to use the proxy command? I can't incoporate any proxy (public or private) in my bot.. Can anyone provide a guide or tutorial to use proxies (the "change proxy" command, "proxy credentials" command).. I am getting lost here... Any screenshots or tutorials will be greatly appreciated.. I have asked here for many days but still can't get the proxies to work... :(

I'm using Comodo Firewall and Avast AV on Windows Vistard. The error is exactly the same when they are running or turned off.

OK, Got it figured out, hope this helps someone else:

I had previously turned off Comodo firewall and Avast AV, but it turns out neither one of them was the real culprit.

Windows Firewall had somehow gotten enabled too. I know I turned it off when installing Comodo, but it's on now. I wonder how long I've been using 2 firewalls at the same time!

After I disabled Win's FW and simply put the bot on my Comodo allowed programs list, it finally let me

through. My bots are working now.

Thanks to Eric for the help.

Now, it appears to be a real pain to have to add every single bot we make to our firewalls manually. Has anyone figured out a way to tell firewalls to let all of our bots through? Perhaps if they are in the same directory or have the same signature or something?

Cheers,

Luke

The only software firewall that is really needed is the windows inbuilt one - pretty much all other ones are infact useless.

Just use the windows one, a hardware one, keep your OS up to date and keep a good antivirus running. I would recommend AVG Free. :)

The only software firewall that is really needed is the windows inbuilt one - pretty much all other ones are infact useless. ... Just use the windows one, a hardware one...

You must mean Windows 7... I'm talking about the Vistard stock firewall with it's inept 1-way monitoring. Eeeww. :blink: