UBot Underground

Can't Connect To Database On Localhost

I'm trying to test the database commands. Having problem connecting to localhost on port 3306.  I can connect fine to my remote server hosted with my webhost. And I can connect to my local database fine through the command line and MySQL Workbench on my pc.  However I cannot connect to my database on localhost through ubot.  When testing the connection I get "Failed to establish database connection!"  Any ideas what's preventing the connection? (uid and pwd have been removed)

plugin command("DatabaseCommands.dll", "connect to database", "server=localhost;uid=****; pwd=****; database=world; port=3306; pooling=false") {
    plugin command("DatabaseCommands.dll", "query with results", "SELECT * FROM country;", &table)

}

Update: I disabled my windows defender firewall and that did not help.

Edited by nkjackson

You mention:

> I can connect fine to my remote server hosted with my webhost.

Just to clarify, do you mean you can connect to your remote server's MySQL database using the built-in UBot Studio database connection wizard?

The reason I ask is because if you're at least able to connect to your remote server's MySQL database using UBot Studio, then we can probably assume that the UBot Studio database functionality is still working. Then we can attempt to further narrow the range of potential reasons why you're running into this issue.

You mention:

> I can connect fine to my remote server hosted with my webhost.

Just to clarify, do you mean you can connect to your remote server's MySQL database using the built-in UBot Studio database connection wizard?

The reason I ask is because if you're at least able to connect to your remote server's MySQL database using UBot Studio, then we can probably assume that the UBot Studio database functionality is still working. Then we can attempt to further narrow the range of potential reasons why you're running into this issue.

Yes I can connect to my remote server's MySQL database using the built-in UBot Studio database connection wizard. No problems there.  But a db on my local machine does not connect.  I have tried with root user and with a created user.

Edited by nkjackson

try to change localhost to 127.0.0.1

I have tried that but did not work. Same error.  But I have no problems connecting using mysql workbench or command line client.

Edited by nkjackson

There's a reasonable chance you've likely researched this on the web without much luck, but just in case, this link provides some intriguing insights that could prove to potentially be useful:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10892689/cant-connect-to-mysql-server-on-localhost-10061-after-installation

Thanks yes I have been researching so far no luck. I have a ticket into ubot support but have not had a response yet.  I updated the mysql installation to make sure no options were missed that would cause this type of issue but that has not helped either. Still searching. I will check out the link you sent. Thanks.

Edited by nkjackson