UBot Underground

Ok so first of all I know it probably shows that's I'm a newb, but I used to use ubot a lot. However, I haven't used it in about 4 yrs. I remember a lot more than I thought I would.

Anyways on to my problem. Unfortunately, I'm running this bot inside a subscription site. CGAxis, it's a site where you can purchase 3D assets like HDRI images, textures, and even 3D models. I purchased an unlimited license. I get access to everything on the site, but for a short amount of time. 

So the problem I'm having is that there is a download button. When you click the button it opens a save as dialog window. you save the file (usually a zip file), and that's it.

I should point out that there is no file url to scrape from the page. It looks like they are using ajax to deliver the file so I can't simply scrape the page for the download link.

Ok so I have this all in a loop and if I right click the loop node and click run node it will click the download button, the dialog window will appear and the click dialog node will close it. Sometimes it saves a file sometimes it doesn't.

Now if I click the run button at the top of ubot software it will run through everything, but the save dialog will never open. And I mean never.  I have no idea why it would work if running directly from a loop node, but not open if running the entire script

Any assistance it greatly appreciated. Code below in case it helps...

allow images("No")
ui open file("File",#file)
add list to list(%Downloads,$list from file(#file),"Delete","Global")
set(#position,0,"Global")
set list position(%Downloads,#position)
loop(" {$list total(%Downloads)}") {
    navigate($list item(%Downloads,#position),"Wait")
    wait for browser event("Everything Loaded","")
    click(<id="cgaxis-form-submit-button">,"Left Click","Yes")
    wait(10)
    plugin command("WindowsCommands.dll", "click dialog button", "Save As", "Save")
    wait(30)
    increment(#position)
}

I think I have it figured out and working although I have no idea why the dialog shows up if I right click and run node vs. running the entire bot. BTW I didn't post a URL because it's behind a login so you wouldn't be able to access it unfortunately.

If you have time I would love some info on my other post
http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/22815-file-download-info/

• 1 month later...

I'm also trying to download a file via a paywall and having the same problem -I can't start a download file, run node works vs running the entire box doesn't. How did you solve it?

I'm trying to download an ebook via Overdrive: 

https://bpl.overdrive.com/bpl-visitor/content/media/1438507

Obviously you need a library card and logged in to initiate the download/borrow.  I can download the .acsm URL directly - that works but the file doesn't open within Digital Editions. It adds something about my subscription when I click it through the online interface.

I mean we're taking about having Ubot MOVE THE MOUSE over the button and clicking it. Works in node mode, not when running.

Just the weirdest thing. I can get all the other buttons to click. (add to catalog, return book)