UBot Underground

Anyone Running Windows 7 Os And Ubot Studio? If So...

Hi!

If you happen to be running the Windows 7 operating system (regardless of edition), and are also running UBot Studio, could you please take a moment to kindly comment on whether or not the FTP functionality that's built into UBot Studio works for you? This is primarily in reference to Bug # 1217 wherein FTP stopped working. I think I recall some individuals mentioning that they weren't experiencing this bug, and the primary variable seemed to be the operating system being used.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments.

UPDATE: I re-discovered a circa 2010 "EeePC" that I had stashed away which happens to be loaded with the Windows 7 Starter edition operating system, an Intel Atom N450 processor, and 2 gigabytes of RAM. I was successfully able to load UBot Studio v5.9.55 and once again have access to the native FTP functionality that no longer exists when using UBot Studio in Windows 10. I'm familiar with the shell/batch file workaround that others have pointed out that can be used to perform FTP commands from UBot Studio within a Windows 10 working environment. I can confirm the workaround works. However, for reasons that are beyond the scope of this post, I'm genuinely interested in having the built-in FTP functionality work again -- and I can confirm that within a Windows 7 operating system environment, at least with UBot Studio 5.9.55, FTP "works" again as intended. I realize that Windows 7 is fast approaching EOL status at Microsoft, but I have a few ideas to potentially extend the usefulness of Windows 7, specifically as it relates to hosting 24/7 apps created with UBot Studio. More on that in another post, at another time.