UBot Underground

Compiled Bot Will Not Launch On Windows 2016 Server

Using an AWS EC2 image (Windows Server 2016) to run a compiled bot (most current version of Ubot) and the GUI never comes up despite running as administrator or changing the executable compatibility settings. When you look in running programs it shows using 0% cpu and "Loading..." (screenshot attached).

When checking the Windows event logs it shows event ID: 1002 Source: Application hang. It also states "The program my_compiled_bot.exe version 4.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed."

I can launch a lot of these and the task manager will show each one of these as a list as they all keep hanging.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?  

post-31874-0-43221900-1543409248_thumb.png

I've had a similar problem (compiled bot not starting on win server, same as here, in task manager was showing but no gui) and didn't find any other solution to that then getting a clean copy of WIN installed.

That's a problem for me considering my EC2 image is a brand new clean copy of Windows running in the AWS cloud.  Has there been any cases of successfully running compiled bots on VPS cloud servers like Azure or AWS?

1. Uninstall .Net
2. Restart your computer
3. Install .Net from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653
4. Restart your computer
5. Run the bot and see if it works.
6. Make sure you are running the bot as admin.
7.Make sure you have stable internet connection.
8. Install latest Microsoft visual c++ from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685
9. Restart your computer
10. Run the bot and see if it works
11. kill all bot process.
12. go to folder "%appdata%\Ubot Studio\Browser"
13. delete folder "5.9.36"
14. run bot and see if it works.
  • Like 1

press win+R

then type in RUN box "%APPDATA%"

then find ubot studio folder and delete it and restart your bot

it will download the support files on next run automatically and make sure to not interrupt the downloading support files as it may take some while to download correctly 

Tried all of these on a 2016 server and a 2012. There must be something in the configuration that AWS and Azure do to their images that's causing the problem. I can launch the compiled bot just find on my Windows 10 machine.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
@kill3rbko

You are a superstar.

Thank you so much!
Amit

This works guys. 

Thanks

Hello,

Just a feedback in case

I have solved my problem by installing Microsoft visual c++ x86 version and not x64 version even on a 64bit windows server.

Here is a little more info on this.

I compiled a bot using ubotstudio version 6.11 and launched it on a Windows 10 machine (amazon workspace) and the GUI did not come up.

I compiled the same bot using ubotstudio version 5.9.44 and launched it on the same Windows 10 machine and the GUI came up just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Updating .NET to 4.8.03752 fixed this issue for me.

Thanks for the information.

Compiler bot 6.18 version after upgrade to 4.8.2 .net work prefect, previously upgrade to .net 4.7, can't load out.

i use vps windows 2008 server

PS: Suggestion, UBOT  should inform us like version 6.18 need use .net 4.8.2, it waste me few hours to figure out the problem