UBot Underground

Ubot Studio 6 Refuses To Pass "validating License..."

Hello,

I have reached out to support and got a message back, asking me to uninstall, delete uBot related Application Data, reboot, and install again in order to remedy this problem but it has not fixed it. I have contacted them again with a follow-up but have not heard back.

I have had a license for uBot for over 4 years now and paying for the Pro copy for the entire time for updates. I never had a problem (although I rarely used it) with version 5, but with version 6 I cannot get it to load. It sits at "Validating License...".

I start uBot from a fresh install and it downloads the assets/content it needs. It then asks me for my login information and I provide the exact info I use to login to my uBot user dashboard on the website. I then am stuck forever on the "Validating License..." message on the splash screen. Monitoring TCP connections I see uBot is connecting to many web servers and eventually disconnecting, so it has no problem connecting out to the Internet. It was also able to download its assets on first run after install. I had IPv6 enabled and disabled that, thinking maybe a few of the IPv6 servers were acting up, and have IPv4 only and it made no difference with license check.

The computer is Windows 7 Pro with .Net and all the latest updates. There is no firewall, third-party or Microsoft's built-in Windows firewall, enabled. It is wide open to the Internet with the exception of my router (which I have always had when using uBot).

Anyone else having these problems?

Thank you in advance

This issue is being addressed at the highest level.  Just so you know even I am affected by this on one of my computers.

We do want to hear from anyone having an issue.

So please be patient.

Thanks

Buddy

Killed the process dozens of times, restarted; reinstalled 3 times, restarted, no dice; disabled firewall, enabled firewall, doesn't matter. It was installed to a fresh Windows 7 build too. It appears that the problem is on the remote side. The server is (probably) not returning the response it wants. I say this because the other day it was erroring out on a remote server error. When I sniff the traffic it appears as it sends the request to various servers (it connects to a good amount of them on startup for some reason, including something at Yahoo) and it just sits there. The connections remain open until they time out.

Still not fixed. What's going on?

Killed the process dozens of times, restarted; reinstalled 3 times, restarted, no dice; disabled firewall, enabled firewall, doesn't matter. It was installed to a fresh Windows 7 build too. It appears that the problem is on the remote side. The server is (probably) not returning the response it wants. I say this because the other day it was erroring out on a remote server error. When I sniff the traffic it appears as it sends the request to various servers (it connects to a good amount of them on startup for some reason, including something at Yahoo) and it just sits there. The connections remain open until they time out.

Still not fixed. What's going on?

Yep, still an issue for me as well. Also, already running as admin, so that isn't the issue either.

• Like 1

ALso FTR Ive got the latest VC++ runtime distributable + .Net 4.7.2

I'm not using 6.01 or 6.02 at the moment, but during my failed attempt to get 6.01 to work in a manner that reasonably resembled the functionality of 5.9.55, I noticed the following bullet point in the release notes for 6.01:

*** Note: The new internal browser requires the .net framework version 4.5.2. Please make sure this is installed on your system ***

The only reason I bring this to your attention is that there's a slight chance that having -any- version of the .NET framework that's inconsistent with what's emphatically listed in the release notes (including versions below or above 4.5.2) may cause unexpected issues to arise, such as the license validation problem that is being discussed in this thread.

I didn't experience the license validation problem. I don't have any evidence to support that the reason I didn't experience the license validation problem being discussed in this thread was my strict adherence to the .NET framework requirement listed in the 6.10 release notes. However, it may not hurt to attempt to configure one's system to the precise specifications being mentioned. If nothing else, it removes the version of the .NET framework installed on one's system as a potential reason why your license validation problems are occurring.

[sidenote: I attempted to update my forum profile to reflect my use of the v4.5+ framework, but the forum software reverted to the "unsure" option every time I attempted to save my change. I only mention this to disambiguate what I'm saying in this post with the .NET framework information that will appear on my profile at the time I'm posting this.]

I’ve had this problem awhile ago, maybe this might help you.

Go to your appdata folder

Find the Ubot folder

Backup your plugins folder

Then delete everything in the Ubot folder

Relaunch ubot

I'm not using 6.01 or 6.02 at the moment, but during my failed attempt to get 6.01 to work in a manner that reasonably resembled the functionality of 5.9.55, I noticed the following bullet point in the release notes for 6.01:

*** Note: The new internal browser requires the .net framework version 4.5.2. Please make sure this is installed on your system ***

The only reason I bring this to your attention is that there's a slight chance that having -any- version of the .NET framework that's inconsistent with what's emphatically listed in the release notes (including versions below or above 4.5.2) may cause unexpected issues to arise, such as the license validation problem that is being discussed in this thread.

I didn't experience the license validation problem. I don't have any evidence to support that the reason I didn't experience the license validation problem being discussed in this thread was my strict adherence to the .NET framework requirement listed in the 6.10 release notes. However, it may not hurt to attempt to configure one's system to the precise specifications being mentioned. If nothing else, it removes the version of the .NET framework installed on one's system as a potential reason why your license validation problems are occurring.

[sidenote: I attempted to update my forum profile to reflect my use of the v4.5+ framework, but the forum software reverted to the "unsure" option every time I attempted to save my change. I only mention this to disambiguate what I'm saying in this post with the .NET framework information that will appear on my profile at the time I'm posting this.]

Going to install 4.5.2 now and try it. Will report back.

Update: made no difference. :(

Edited by brandonpoc

Another small update- I notice if I don't upgrade to 6.0.3 and, upon the notification bar asking me if I wish to upgrade, selecting either Remind me later or Skip, the splash screen sits at 'Checking for updates' versus 'Verifying license'. Once I then kill the uBot processes and re-start it, it gets stuck at Validating license.

I'll say this again - could this have something to do with unresponsive license validation function on the remote side. Have you uBot staff checked your web server logs? Because honestly I'm noticing that all the connections made aside from the Update ones are staying open indefinitely, like a function on the remote server is hanging or something.

Edited by brandonpoc

I'm definitely thinking this is uBot's server-side; I just CLEAN installed Windows 10 Pro on the same laptop completely from scratch, deleting the partition and recreating it, doing a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation, and a fresh uBot 6.0.3 install does NOT work. Exact same situation as before.

The problem has to be in your licensing scripts. If it's not, figure it out then. Someone for the love of God fix this damn thing.

UPDATE: Grabbed 5.9.57 install MSI and proceeded to uninstall uBot 6.0.3 and install 5.9.57. It downloaded assets, I logged in, and it offered me the upgrade to 6.0.3. I declined it; it is now stuck at "Starting uBot Studio..." and not going on any further. So this isn't 6.x only.

Edited by brandonpoc

I'm definitely thinking this is uBot's server-side; I just CLEAN installed Windows 10 Pro on the same laptop completely from scratch, deleting the partition and recreating it, doing a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation, and a fresh uBot 6.0.3 install does NOT work. Exact same situation as before.

The problem has to be in your licensing scripts. If it's not, figure it out then. Someone for the love of God fix this damn thing.

UPDATE: Grabbed 5.9.57 install MSI and proceeded to uninstall uBot 6.0.3 and install 5.9.57. It downloaded assets, I logged in, and it offered me the upgrade to 6.0.3. I declined it; it is now stuck at "Starting uBot Studio..." and not going on any further. So this isn't 6.x only.

Same issue, now i cant use 5.9 and also the 6.0 version. Totally not able to use both the versions. 

Waiting for the support to fix it asap.

Well I discovered something last night in my testing.

I have two spare computers and both were setup from scratch by the same person.  One will not get past the License verification check and the other has.  Last night was the first time I attempted v6 on it.  It started flawlessly.  Both are 64-bit systems with ample memory.

So i am going to get the one that is not working re-imaged.  But in my case it is looking more and more like a Windows issue.

It is not the licensing server.  That part passed the tests a week or so ago.

So I will not know about my 2nd computer's re-image until Friday when I get it back.  But from my testing v6 just stops dead in its tracks on this computer which tells me its hardware or OS at this point.

Buddy

Okay, I kept insisting it was on server side but , if it's client side, why's it hanging waiting for a response? Very confused. I installed the two different uBot versions, 6 and 5.9, on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 *clean* installs, each trying .Net 4.5 and .Net 4.7. None worked. tcpview showed that connections to the license server (amongst others including Yahoo?) were being left open. Very confused as to what's happening then.

EDIT: I'm launching some Windows 7 and Windows server VMs on my network and going to see if uBot works on any of these.

Edited by brandonpoc