UBot Underground

Automating Windows Programs

Haven't done any automation of Windows programs to date, and now am failing at the first hurdle.

I want to automate creating video streams with Live Event Blaster, and can't seem to get anything to happen. So my question is: what are the common reasons for Ubot to fail to control Windows programs?

Here's the code:

plugin command("WindowsCommands.dll", "set active window", "Live Event Blaster 2.00 PRO", "WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.3307778_r9_ad1")
wait(1)
plugin command("WindowsCommands.dll", "move mouse", "Live Event Blaster 2.00 PRO", "WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.3307778_r9_ad1", 181, 100)
plugin command("WindowsCommands.dll", "click mouse", "Live Event Blaster 2.00 PRO", "WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.3307778_r9_ad1", 181, 100, "Left Click")

The program window is fullscreen, and when I run the Ubot script, the window switches as expected, but the mouse doesn't move and nothing gets clicked.

Are there some settings in Windows I need to look at? (Couldn;t find any tuts on this but please point me to them if they exist)

Thanks

Steve

BTW: I've tested this with Notepad, where mouseover and typing works as expected, so it's probably not my Ubot installation..

Stever, instead of mouse movements, have you considered using keys to achieve the end result?... tab,tab,tab, enter..... that sort of thing? It's been a while since i messed with any of it but it seems that that functionality is in ubot

Hey Stever,

Have you seen this?

http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/22048-picasso-bot-revisited/?hl=picasso

I use mouse movements in this.  It just take coordination on the programmers part.  I was also working with three monitors so it can get hairy with that as well.

Buddy

Hi - thanks for the comments. No luck with tab, tab, enter etc - not enabled in this program. As for the MS Paint Art - very nice, and shows Ubot can work with some Windows programs, but evidently not others for some reason.

So another idea I had was maybe it would be possible to run the target program on one PC and then access the desktop via the Ubot browser on another machine, but for this to work I would need to set up a webserver on the first, plus something that shares control of the desktop. Has anyone tried this? Any tips or issues?

Well, I have not seen an app on my Windows box that I cannot automate.

As far as multiple screens.  I developed my Picasso bot with three active monitors.

Add a Wait command in your UBS environment.  During that Wait move your mouse to the screen where you are trying to automate and give that app the focus (make it active).

• Like 1

One of TJ's free plugins also has windows automation features..you could start there first..?

---

https://www.botguru.net/ubot-plugin-os-addins/

-SENDKEYS (sends keys to window by name)
-SENDKEYS GENERAL (non window specific)
-SENDKEYS FUNCTION (non window specific)
-SENDKEYS (wait for window)

you need to sign up here..

https://www.botguru.net/ubot-user-free-plugins/

----------------

Also - watch this video by Frank on automating windows using an app called Macro scheduler.. the takeaway from his video is that the right way to go about doing windows automation is primarily using keyboard shortcuts - really worth a watch  his techniques are not application specific IMO.

Well, I have not seen an app on my Windows box that I cannot automate.

As far as multiple screens.  I developed my Picasso bot with three active monitors.

Add a Wait command in your UBS environment.  During that Wait move your mouse to the screen where you are trying to automate and give that app the focus (make it active).

Thanks - not sure I completely follow you. I set the target app as the focus by making it active. Then wait 1s and use the mouse click command to click the button in the target app. But nothing happens. I used the wizard to set the windows, and while it works when I create a program the same way with Notepad, when I use the same methodology for this app, nothing happens apart from the target window being activated. I may try the free plugin and see if that works better.