UBot Underground

Ubot Studio X — You'll Have Triple The Browser Firepower.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm genuinely grateful for HelloInsomnia's step-by-step suggestions regarding creating a backup directory prior to upgrading. (link: http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/22154-read-this

Are you serious? So much is not working! How do I submit the entire update to the tracker? Ui check boxes not working. Cannot switch back and fourth from code view with so many different commands. In

This month

PLEASE submit your issues to Support NOT the tracker.

Provide screenshots, code snippets, and a good description of the issue.

Once I can replicate the issue then I can create the Tracker issue.  There is no sense in creating multiple bug reports for one issue.

Thanks

Buddy

fortunately for me, since I have been a ubot user for several years, I always create a new restore point right before i do any ubot update... So I was able to easily recover my previous ubot version and now will follow Nicks instruction to have them both on the machine so that i can carry on with daily work as well as play around with the new build!

• Like 1

Has anyone had any success getting 6.0 to run on an AWS EC2 connection?  I was able to update UBot on the server, the program starts and I see the new logo screen, but UBot doesn't actually open to the point where I can edit/open bots. Just seems to hang  

I'll put in a ticket as well, but wanted to see if anyone has been successful with this and I am missing a step.

My general advice for people who are unable to cope with change..... Do not change. Keep your old version until the new version becomes the old version, and then make the change.

This will save you from frustration, and save the rest of us from hearing you complain.

• Like 2

HOW DO I GO BACK TO THE OLD VERSION?! I updated last night BEFORE there was a stickied post on this form (with comments disabled) telling me not to update. I NEED TO ACCESS MY BOTS, how do I revert?!?!

UPDATE: Support sent me download link for V5. Everyone should take @Brutal 's advice

Edited by samuelh234

HOW DO I GO BACK TO THE OLD VERSION?! I updated last night BEFORE there was a stickied post on this form (with comments disabled) telling me not to update. I NEED TO ACCESS MY BOTS, how do I revert?!?!

Contact support here and I'm sure they can give you a download link for V5: http://support.ubotstudio.com/

Then choose "skip update" when you open V5 the first time.

• Like 1

OK i've finally got it installed, its time for questions.

1) why do i get a bad path error when attempting to load firefox?

2) how do you code with the xternal browser?

Im not a fan of "whining" as it's been called, but so many issues could be resolved/alleviated with a quick message from the devs. It doesn't have to be much, but when everything breaks on a major update it's hardly "whining" and more "valid complaints," and issues popping up in various threads could be handled with just one or two sentence replies on the forum, such as:

- We're sorry you're having issues with the newest version, please PM/submit a ticket with your problems and we'll be happy to take a look. (This shows that the team cares, which may sound ridiculous--they obviously do-- but with existing issues in the tracker that haven't been resolved in over a year, this small gesture could help instill some confidence)

Or

- Sorry feature X (I.e. UIHTML) isn't working for you, thank you for mentioning it - we're on it and will push a fix asap.

Etc.

The forum *should* be monitored more actively by the team and issues should be responded to in a timely manner (in public, minus the tracker or private support correspondence), as active participation could reduce the influx of tickets and show users that they are valued as clients, and that feedback is received and being acted upon.

It's a lack of communication from the team, who are obviously trying to improve the software, that generates a lot of "whining." They're good people with a great solution and vision, but a quick update here and there in the forums would be amazing.

Just my .02

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Edited by drewness
  • Like 1

Drew, I get you (sort of) ... Based on your own post you already know exactly what to do (report the issue)... Since they just now did the release, we all know that they are watching mentions and are addressing those things as they go.

We will see updates pushed as days/weeks go by, this has been the case with every single previous release and will continue to be the case.

It seems to me, as software developers ourselves that we would understand and accept these things as SOP.

After all, the last time you released a program to the public... didnt you get support requests? (I always do)

I know as fact they 'are on it', and I dont need them to pop in to soothe me... I prefer they keep focused on code and just push out the updates based on support tickets (bug reports) that are coming in.

We are all adults here - perfection has never been created... just ask microsoft (while you are installing the never ending "next" update).

Relax, enjoy the ride! I am stoked over this new update - I use autoit extensively and can do anything with it.... but it doesnt compare to how quickly I can create proof-of-concept programs using ubot.

So, again, relax man... the pain will be gone soon just like it has with every single version before it :-)

Other than the 3 browsers, can any of you who have updated to the X version tell if there is there any bugfixes or features -from the tracker- added to it? does it have a better memory management? any new commands/functions (again other than just the browsers)?

You knew the update wasnt going to be good when they was no hype about it before launching it.  If it was good there would of been videos, emails god know what else promoting it.  I never heard of this update until less than  a week ago.

Edited by BigEfromDaBX

- Sorry feature X (I.e. UIHTML) isn't working for you, thank you for mentioning it - we're on it and will push a fix asap.

EXACTLY! We all love ubot, but just hint of communication from them is all we're asking. Not a single apology for the premature roll-out of X. All they would have to do is apologize, provide solution to revert to V5, and say you're working on fixing it and we all would be happy. Transparency goes a long way.

• Like 2
samuelh234 ... hahahaha... Yeah, you keep watching for that apology while the rest of us keep counting the money ubot has made us!

Ubot staff- I just want you to keep doing what you do! I love this freaking program!