UBot Underground

Forum / Ubot Community Dying?

Hello...

Ive been watching that many people stopped participating in this forums.

Is UBot dying?

Where is everybody?

• Like 1

ubot nowadays is little bit outdated, so I guess not many new users are joining, also there are huge amount of answered questions already so no need to open new topics.

naked out-of-the box ubot is not usable on most popular websites because of internal browser.

http request automation using build-in commands is also problematic - you need external plugins for that.

based on the questions I see on forum - most of them are related to exbrowser, because this is almost a must plugin today especially if you need to automate the website, which is not supported by internal browser.

In my opinion the only thing, which may "resurrect" the ubot is the ability to do a mobile app automation which is also a must today for bot building.

• Like 1

Hi!

whoami:

Is UBot dying?

I'm cautiously optimistic UBot isn't dying. I genuinely like the tool, and what can be done with it. The challenge with software that conditions usage on username and password credentials being verified on an external server is that if the software vendor goes out of business or pulls the plug on the project, the availability of the external server can become jeopardized. To the extent the external server is offline and can no longer provide credential validation (or compilation services, as in the case for developer edition license holders), the entire ecosystem that has evolved around the tool will evaporate rather quickly. The same is true for this forum.

bestmacros:

ubot nowadays is little bit outdated, so I guess not many new users are joining

What would be considered a more up-to-date tool that new users might be choosing to use instead of UBot? (I'm mainly asking to get a better understanding of what tool you're referring to.)

What would be considered a more up-to-date tool that new users might be choosing to use instead of UBot? (I'm mainly asking to get a better understanding of what tool you're referring to.)

I'm not referring to any other tool, I just pointing to the fact that Ubot today is not so good, as it was before and this is one of the reasons it is "dying".

It is not good for the new users also, because you need to buy Ubot license (not cheap) and also buy several must have plugins (not cheap) and all this just to be able to automate some websites.

• Like 2

bestmacros:

It is not good for the new users also, because you need to buy Ubot license (not cheap) and also buy several must have plugins (not cheap) and all this just to be able to automate some websites.

Thanks for clarifying. In the ideal scenario, it sounds like the optimal outcome would be a UBot Studio that can automate all major popular websites (defined as perhaps the top 50 traffic-getting websites in the world), right out-of-the-box. No need for special plugins or third-party accessories.

You had previously mentioned ..."naked out-of-the box ubot is not usable on most popular websites because of internal browser"... which got me thinking. I'm very much still a UBot "newbie" in the sense that I don't know everything about the tool. If, for example, the UBot internal browser (currently Chrome 49 at the time I'm writing this, if I'm not mistaken), were updated to Chrome 67 (which happens to currently be the so-called 'stable' release), would that solve the problem?

If so, I wonder if an immediate work-around would be to use the 'set header' command to essentially spoof the user agent? For example:

navigate("http://www.ipchicken.com","Wait") 
comment("This will mention Chrome 49 in the 'browser' portion of the website.")
wait(5)
set header("User-Agent","Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.87 Safari/537.36")
navigate("http://www.ipchicken.com","Wait")
comment("Now the 'browser' section mentions Chrome 67.")
You had also previously mentioned ..."http request automation using build-in commands is also problematic - you need external plugins for that"... which I have to admit, I don't have the technical understanding to comprehend. Help me understand what that means, if you wouldn't mind. I just want to better understand some of this terminology. Or better yet, what UBot plugin solves this problem? I can then read more about the problem and the solution on the plugin website.

. . .

More broadly speaking, I find myself increasingly using UBot Studio as a versatile general purpose programming language with the ability to create standalone EXE files.

were updated to Chrome 67 (which happens to currently be the so-called 'stable' release), would that solve the problem?

If so, I wonder if an immediate work-around would be to use the 'set header' command to essentially spoof the user agent? For example:

I don't have chrome 67 update so I don't know if it solve the issue or not.

Set header or set user-agent will not help because it only mask the ubot original internal browser useragent but it does not add required functionality.

it is like putting Mercedes logo on Citroen car - it will not make the Citroen to work like Mercedes - it just make it look like Mercedes

Ubot compiled bot takes SO LONG to load. at the first run, it downloads around 200 MB of files for just the browser folder if I recall.

So, not a tool but a feature: One of the most-wanted features is the ability to choose to detach the ubot browser when compiling the bot.

The support staff answers tickets on time, (actually I helped them more than they do, the last time!!) I just have no idea why they don't join their own forum (!) and talk to members? talking about upcoming updates and stuff. checking the tracker page you will see unsolved issues from years ago.

• Like 2

So you have access to my account and you know when I am helping others?  Wow!  Thanks!

Buddy

Have you updated your "notes"!? now you have a couple of new things to tell users to try.

Now talk to us about what everyone would like to know. updates, bugfixes, new features, ETAs of them?

• Like 1

Hello...

Ive been watching that many people stopped participating in this forums.

Is UBot dying?

128 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

Maybe they are not participating actively but still reading - lurking?

Or are these numbers for bots .. or misleading?

• 2 weeks later...

Does this thread irritate someone?

A bunch of eventualities happened since I opened this thread.

Including my PC just dying when opening meters Locker system.

Now my customers cannot open the last compiled software. I also keep paying a monthly subscription to support Ubot. 

This is really fucking weird. I'm not saying UBot caused this. But I somehow ranted on macster that I bought him the licensing extension but it never worked.

A correlation between all these eventualities may be paranoid. Im really confused.

Ubot compiled bot takes SO LONG to load. at the first run, it downloads around 200 MB of files for just the browser folder if I recall.

So, not a tool but a feature: One of the most-wanted features is the ability to choose to detach the ubot browser when compiling the bot.

The support staff answers tickets on time, (actually I helped them more than they do, the last time!!) I just have no idea why they don't join their own forum (!) and talk to members? talking about upcoming updates and stuff. checking the tracker page you will see unsolved issues from years ago.

it is a best idea , i also hate to download support file which i never use them . i often use exbrowser or http request . And  how do they answer ?

do they do it ?

Now my customers cannot open the last compiled software. I also keep paying a monthly subscription to support Ubot. 

This is really fucking weird. I'm not saying UBot caused this. But I somehow ranted on macster that I bought him the licensing extension but it never worked.

A correlation between all these eventualities may be paranoid. Im really confused.

Here is my story:

Bought his UbotLocker system. asked him to add WarriorPlus to it, charged me 55 euros (around $64). it didn't work. told him and he said he will check in a week !!

As I was in a rush and saw the added file is someone else's, asked that user for a help. he charged me $75 and fixed it and it works now. this user said he didn't give Macster permission to sell the file.

Told Macster that this cost me that much and he is not allowed to sell it, he just said: "be careful about what you are saying" (why !?) the day after I found myself got blocked by him in Skype which means no more support on what I've paid for !!! I have screenshots.

It seems that's the way they work and you can't complain.

• Like 1

I'm having several Deserialize JSON arrray into System Boolean problems. Oh well...

Hope we get an update soon on what will happen in a near futur!

Is there any better licensing systems out there other than macters licensing system as im facing issue, many customers have to download support fliles plus many a ties they see this invalid license message(allowed activation exceeded) and they get locked out and they hve to be told to right-click software and run as an admin etc and also for many system crashes whole trying to start

• 2 weeks later...

The core software has not been updated in over 6 months. The last time i complained about this, the owner just came along and tried to spin what I said, and mentioned an update that was like 5 months old (so technically not 6 months, okay fair enough). Then the thread was deleted altogether. Now, here we are a long time after that, and STILL NO UPDATES! Yet I am foolishly paying for them, as I suspect many of you are as well. What a waste of money, just to get people who are hostile and secretive to come here and make excuses, spin, placate, and outright lie by omission that this program is in the dumpster.

Never mind the community, that is a symptom of a larger problem. This community can't thrive, if the core program it is centered around is stagnant or dying! The owner doesn't seem to give a damn, and his subordinates are overly defensive and condescending (as showcased in this thread above). That's not how you keep a product and a community going, and they know it. they just don't care about us users, we are nothing to them. If anyone at this company gave a rats ass, we would have updates at least every 6 months, and people would  ACTUALLY SPEAK TO US like human beings about what is going on with the software we own and support! :angry:

• Like 2

You certainly have your right to complain just not here.  There are quite a few here learning UBS and to read negative comments does not help the Community trying to learn.

When I see someone trying to persuade others to leave and follow them elsewhere is when I delete the post and/or thread.

So let me throw out a question for you to think about.  If you are successful at getting others to step away from updates or even UBot and then an update is pushed out.  How do you think those people will perceive you then?  I would be ticked to say the least.

If you would spend more time helping others than complaining about UBS or other botters then that might be an incentive for others to join in asking questions.

So please be considerate of others.  Subject closed.

Buddy