UBot Underground

Unresponsive Webpage

Hi

I am trying to enter an email address in the website https://haveibeenpwned.com/, and then scrape the result.

The problem is that once the page is loaded everything stops: I can't select an element to enter the text, nor click any link or the submit button. Obviously it works in a normal browser. I tried setting header, changing from Chrome 49 to Chrome 21 (even worse - just an error page with Chrome 21). There are several ways to get what I'm looking for from this site but every approach produces an unresponsive page.

Any ideas?

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Yea it locks up for me as well, you may want to report it to support or the bug tracker.

In the meantime the best alternative is probably to just use their API it has no authentication and has examples on how to use it right here: https://haveibeenpwned.com/API/v2

• Like 1

Thanks - did you try the API? (Because it locked up for me on the API results page as well.)

There are loads of ways to use the API, I would recommend using the HTTP Post plugin or Heopas Plugin (free) which also has HTTP requests as well. You can also use the read file function. All of these will work I am sure. If you need an example let me know and I'll take a look for you.

• 2 months later...

Thanks and belated apologies for taking so long to say thank you. Ubot support said they had problems with this page as well, so there's no hope of getting it fixed any time soon. I found another website that does much the same thing so didn't need to use the kind offer. Thank you again.

• Like 1