UBot Underground

Hidden Browser Problem

When I compile my bot (which visits and scrapes a certain site) it works fine when the browser is visible, and even when the browser window is just a few pixels high, but if the bot is compiled with the browser hidden, then the bot fails.

I would prefer the site not to be visible when the bot is run - are there any common solutions to this kind of problem?

Thanks

You have a few options but it's hard to say how well they will work without knowing the site. You could try using the headless browser, you could try using get requests either with HTTP Post plugin or by using the $read file function. Exbrowser also has PhantomJS and I think they now allow you to hide the normal browsers as well but I haven't tried it myself yet so I can't be sure.

Well, I would venture to guess you don't have those options available to you in the Standard Edition.

Hide Browser is in the developer tab so you should not see it.

"set headless browser" -  won't show in the toolbox but, if you some how get the code it will show in the Node/Code Editor. However, it will run in the studio but not compiled as it is a "Developer" or maybe even "Pro" feature.

So, the "Problem" may lie in your Edition of ubot. If you can't use Exbrowser in Standard I recommend upgrading and getting the plugin.

Regards,
CD

Thank you for all the input. I have an arrangement with someone who compiles my bots for me in the dev version at a nominal fee, so that's cheaper for now than forking out on the dev version. But is there an explanation of the set headerless browser function anywhere? I can't find anything on the wiki. Is this approach, for example, different from compiling with the browser hidden?

Thanks again for the help.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I have the developer version and have tried all of the above and have the same problem

when compiled with the browser visible bot works perfectly, Hide the browser or use headless browsing bot doesn't work

Its really pissing me off 

I have the developer version and have tried all of the above and have the same problem

when compiled with the browser visible bot works perfectly, Hide the browser or use headless browsing bot doesn't work

Its really pissing me off 

Can you share the website and what you are doing to replicate this?

• Like 1

This solved my problem as was selecting things by class

you need to below,most/all are disabled by default, which will make the page work the same as normal

set headless browser("On")
allow javascript("Yes")
allow css("Yes")
allow images("Yes")
allow flash("Yes")

Copied from another thread, but thought it might help others 
  • Like 1

I spoke too soon 

This is really annoying me now 

bot works in ubot fine with headless browsing, compile it doesnt work 

compile with browser visible works, compile with browser visible window and locked to only show UI doesnt work after a couple of loops

What causing this is it Ubots browser?

For anyone having problems with ubots browser not functioning properly when hidden or headless, If you compile your bot with the browser visible and lock your window size to be 1 or 2 pixels bigger than your UI so 1 or 2 pixels of the browser are visible at the bottom of your UI it works. Madness but works

Its really not noticeable as you get a pixel or 2 margin at the top of the UI and the window so matches that 

Edited by daverawcus
  • Like 1

I have done this but it only works for one thread/window the second thread or more doesn't work, same problem as before, Am buying exbrowser asap, I cant believe they sell ubot with such a crappy, buggy browser, wasted days on this.

Also that one browser.exe memory keeps gaining every loop a time old bug according to this forum

Disgrace