UBot Underground

Best Way To Create A Log File

So im creating a bot thats going to scrape an RSS Feed grab the UPS tracking numbers and log into a website and post the tracking number to a specific customer order.  I already did most of it but my question is, whats the best way to create a log file or the best structure.  Once I grab the tracking number  do whatever I need to do with it, I dont want it to do it again when it scrapes the RSS feed again im guessing thats where a log file will come into place.

Thanks in advance.

In this case you probably want to create a database that keeps track of the numbers so that they are not kept in memory. At the very least keep the numbers in text files labelled in process or completed or something but having a database with the numbers in it could be more flexible and allow you to store more information related to that tracking number. I would do an sqlite database, Aymen has a plugin for it.

• Like 1

In this case you probably want to create a database that keeps track of the numbers so that they are not kept in memory. At the very least keep the numbers in text files labelled in process or completed or something but having a database with the numbers in it could be more flexible and allow you to store more information related to that tracking number. I would do an sqlite database, Aymen has a plugin for it.

Besides the plugin do I need to install sqlite on the computer that its running on?  

Besides the plugin do I need to install sqlite on the computer that its running on?  

No you don't need anything else, although this will be super helpful for when you're developing so get this but its not necessary to be installed or anything: http://sqlitebrowser.org/