UBot Underground

Scrape Only First Line Of Result

Hello,

This is my first post. I have Ubot Pro Edition and I am trying to get thing running. I use another program to scrape but I know with Ubot there is much more to do. But I need to learn as I know nothing.

I am trying to scrape only the first result of a search.

I use the element selector for the whole block and I tried many things, but my output is every time two lines (or more).

For example I tried this:

add list to list(%Related_ads,$scrape attribute(<class="category-suggestions list expand">,"innertext"),"Delete","Global")

I am also looking into regex and I can get a result, but still since the output in both classes is the same, I can't seem how to get only the first result.

I hope someone can help. I post the html since the search box is on a site with password.

<ul class="category-suggestions list expand">

<li class="suggestion item" data-l1="537" data-l2="561" data-bucket="282">
<span class="l1">Witgoed en Apparatuur</span><span class="mp-svg-arrow-right"></span>
<span class="l2">Ventilatoren en Airco's</span></li>

<li class="suggestion item" data-l1="537" data-l2="553" data-bucket="286">
<span class="l1">Witgoed en Apparatuur</span><span class="mp-svg-arrow-right"></span>
<span class="l2">Overige Witgoed en Apparatuur</span></li></ul>

</div>

HelloInsomnia's answer is best for a beginner, but to show you another method, Ubots Element Offset, using the same code as he uses, but with a element offset node, you can select the specific element to scrape, in this case 0

add item to list(%Related_ads,$scrape attribute($element offset(<(tagname="li" AND class="suggestion item")>,0),"innertext"),"Don\'t Delete","Global")

I made a quick tutorial on element offsets posted here

http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/19057-tutorial-what-are-element-offsets/

• Like 1

I think there's an error on the site I try to scrape.

Between <span class="l1"> and <span class="l2"> there's this: <span class="mp-svg-arrow-right"></span> 

That thing doens't excist, I think it must be <span class="mp-Icon mp-svg-arrow-right">

When I replace this in Firefox the divider is there.

Now in my output l1 and l2 is one result without a divider or space.

Is there a way to work around?

I think there's an error on the site I try to scrape.

Between <span class="l1"> and <span class="l2"> there's this: <span class="mp-svg-arrow-right"></span> 

That thing doens't excist, I think it must be <span class="mp-Icon mp-svg-arrow-right">

When I replace this in Firefox the divider is there.

Now in my output l1 and l2 is one result without a divider or space.

Is there a way to work around?

If you can go into ubot and navigate to the page and then click (in Ubot menu bar) View -> Web Inspector and then find the parent element of the list by highlighting over different sections and trying to find the list element. Then right click that and select Copy -> Copy outerHTML and paste that in here so we can see what's going on.

Viewing it in another browser can potentially give you different code.

<ul class="category-suggestions list expand"><li class="suggestion item" data-l1="2600" data-l2="2906" data-bucket="20"><span class="l1">Auto-onderdelen</span><span class="mp-svg-arrow-right"></span><span class="l2">Airco en Verwarming</span></li><li class="suggestion item" data-l1="91" data-l2="114" data-bucket=""><span class="l1">Auto's</span><span class="mp-svg-arrow-right"></span><span class="l2">Honda</span></li><li class="suggestion item" data-l1="91" data-l2="112" data-bucket=""><span class="l1">Auto's</span><span class="mp-svg-arrow-right"></span><span class="l2">Ford</span></li><li class="suggestion item" data-l1="91" data-l2="129" data-bucket=""><span class="l1">Auto's</span><span class="mp-svg-arrow-right"></span><span class="l2">Mazda</span></li><li class="suggestion item" data-l1="91" data-l2="133" data-bucket=""><span class="l1">Auto's</span><span class="mp-svg-arrow-right"></span><span class="l2">Mini</span></li></ul>

Okay I think I see the problem, we were giving you something which mashed the words together, this will split them into 2 list items so that you can put them back together if you need to or use them separately:

set(#firstItem,$scrape attribute($element offset(<(tagname="li" AND class="suggestion item")>,0),"innerhtml"),"Global")
clear list(%ad)
add list to list(%ad,$find regular expression(#firstItem,"(?<=\\\">).+?(?=<\\/)"),"Delete","Global")
  • Like 1