UBot Underground

Stock Symbol News & Alert Tracker

I just got Community Edition, love it and thought I would share what I've done with it so far...

This is a small bot that will screen stock market symbols, check for news releases and certain alerts... Like high social activity, higher than normal trading volume and a couple of others. Helps do the dirty work in the morning and throughout the day.

Options can be changed on the fly and it has some error handling because MW screener is a POS, but allows URL parsing. So if results are low, you can modify criteria and next run will be with updated results.

Results are stored in a text file on the desktop, it checks for duplicates, except for news because A.) multiple news pieces can come out daily and B.) best not to continuously check for news, let it track alerts and check for news in morning, noonish and after market close.

If you use Notepad++ to view the text file and enable Monitoring (eye button), bot provides a live stream of alerts and activity spikes throughout the day. Helps to jump on trends before they takeoff and find new opportunities that you otherwise might not have researched.

Thank you very much for Community Edition. :)

(PS, if you want different alerts, just add a UI button for it, copy/paste one of the IF statements and change the Trade Ideas URL to one of the alerts from the lower part of the Trade Ideas website. In the Append command, change the alert title and that's it. :) Everything is variables.)

Thanks again.

MW.ubot

Edited by JessicaLynn
  • Like 3
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for sharing this!! Quick question...when I run the bot I can info in the debug window but for some reason it is not writing to the notepad file. Is there something I need to do in order to enable it.