UBot Underground

Problem With Click Command

I’m a beginner trying to do my first bot.

I’ve managed to get it to navigate to the page I want, then to click on to a further page, and then click on to another one.

I’m trying to scrape information from this last page in the form of two lists which will go on to a table. It turns out that to get one of the lists to list the items in the right order, I have to click on a certain box – it doesn’t take me to a new page, it just arranges the order of the items on the page.

When I try to use the “click” command here it doesn’t work, it just highlights items on the page. Is there another command I should be using here?

Sorry – just worked out how to do that.

navigate("betting.racingpost.com","Wait")
click(<id="nm_track_3">,"Left Click","No")
click(<innertext="2:00 British Stallion Studs EBF Maiden Fillies' Stakes (Plus 10 Race) 7f50y">,"Left Click","No")

So Line 1 takes me to the website
Line 2 is supposed to take me to the first track
Line 3 is supposed to take me to the first race of the first track

Across the top of the Race Card that we reach after Line 3 are some words which you can click on to change the order of the runners. I need to click on “NO.” – but I am not having much luck.

I have also discovered another problem.

The code for the racetrack and the races changes every day. So If I program it to work on one day, it won’t work the next. Ultimately what I am trying to do is scrape 2 or 3 bits of information on every horse in every race, every day.

I'm sorry, I understand a little

navigate("http://betting.racingpost.com/","Wait")
wait for browser event("Everything Loaded","")
wait(1)
wait(1)
click(<innertext="2:00 British Stallion Studs EBF Maiden Fillies' Stakes (Plus 10 Race) 7f50y">,"Left Click","No")

Thanks pasha – that made it work a lot better, and taught me some useful commands.

I still have the problem though of not being able to click on the “NO.” at the top of the card on the final page – see my attachment  (I’ve drawn a circle round it).

navigate("http://betting.racingpost.com","Wait")
wait(1)
wait(1)
click(<undefined=undefined>,"Left Click","No")

Edited by Notorious

navigate("http://betting.racingpost.com/","Wait")
wait(1)
wait(1)
wait(2)
click(<id="sc_sort-no">,"Left Click","No")
  • Like 1