UBot Underground

How To Type Text Then Press Enter (Node View)

Hey all,

I'm trying to make my bot search for and install plugin from inside the wp dashboard. I need the bot to type text and press "enter"

Can someone tell me which node to use and what to type into the node for this to happen? I search and saw another post but when i tried entering the code it said there was error. 

Can anyone answer this for me? Thanks!

you can also use {ENTER}

I tried that (Windows command, right?) and it didn't work for me. In my research I've read that it's worked for others. Either way, thanks for your response. Cheers!

I tried that (Windows command, right?) and it didn't work for me. In my research I've read that it's worked for others. Either way, thanks for your response. Cheers!

Not a Windows command, he means to send it in the type text like so:

navigate("http://www.bing.com/","Wait")
wait for element(<name="q">,"","Appear")
type text(<name="q">,"keyword","Standard")
wait(0.1)
type text(<name="q">,"\{ENTER\}","Standard")
  • Like 2

Hey Nick,

I am not copy/pasting just yet... I am not able to create a correct xpath of a text box area that I wanted to clear... (been trying for a couple of hours now)... it just won't clear the box... so I am trying a different approach.

clicking on the box and selecting all (ctrl+a) and {DEL} to completely clear the box and clicking on the box again and start typing from a variable.

Not a Windows command, he means to send it in the type text like so:

navigate("http://www.bing.com/","Wait")
wait for element(<name="q">,"","Appear")
type text(<name="q">,"keyword","Standard")
wait(0.1)
type text(<name="q">,"\{ENTER\}","Standard")

Thank you for this! Very cool!  :D

Hey Nick,

I am not copy/pasting just yet... I am not able to create a correct xpath of a text box area that I wanted to clear... (been trying for a couple of hours now)... it just won't clear the box... so I am trying a different approach.

clicking on the box and selecting all (ctrl+a) and {DEL} to completely clear the box and clicking on the box again and start typing from a variable.

Post the probem your having in a different thread