UBot Underground

Trying To Figure Out If This Is A Bug Or Not...

Hey all,

Came across something unusual and I'm not sure how to call it. I will mention it here though in the forums to allow someone else to save a day of frustration if they do the same thing.

I'm running some code that does a thread command with a define being called in it so I can allow the code to continue on and do other things. Now, for testing purposes, I put a stop a couple of commands later. I've been testing and trying to figure out why my threaded define call kept not working.

Turns out if you call a stop on the code that is running, it will also kill all threads spawn from the parent. Now, here's the question, should threads work that way or not? I've always assumed that a thread literally became another executing path but I do know that local variables can share the same space outside of a thread as within the code that calls the thread.

Hmmmmm.

Frank

After more digging, I did find that calling a stop in the thread is very bad too. It will stop any execution occurring in the process thread that called the thread command.