UBot Underground

At The Start Of My Journey

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at the posts on this forum and you all seem to be very generous at helping each other. That's good to see on a product's forum :)

I am right at the start of my Ubot Journey.  I have all of those questions going through my mind - will I be able to learn it, where do I get ideas for bots, how do I sell them?  On the one hand it seems there are lots of opportunities but on the other I still have all of those questions on my mind!  So, I thought I'd ask for a little assistance from everyone on the forum.

I've decided that I would buy the Professional version if I go ahead with learning Ubot.  This is after some advice from an experienced Uboter. I cannot stretch to the Developer at the moment but I understand that this would be a good move as soon as I can afford it.

I am a hard worker and I can focus on things and get them done. I have around 20 hours a week to learn Ubot / make bots / sell them.  I'm in my sixties.  I have not previously sold anything via the internet so marketing is a weakness for me.

So, I'd be grateful for any advice or thoughts about whether Ubot is the way forward for me. It'll be quite an investment in terms of time and money but I am willing to take those risks. 

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

John

Edited by John Higgins
  • Like 1

Ubot is a great way to start making software with a low barrier to entry. Start off with the tutorials here: http://www.ubotstudio.com/tutorials.aspxto learn the basics and come back and check on the forum everyday as well to read on what issues people are having and how they get worked through. You can learn Ubot pretty quickly - at least most of the basics and once you have that down you will be creating bots in no time.

A lot of the learning process is searching the issues that arise as it is likely that somebody will have already asked a similar question. Google is the best to do this, you can use this string:

site:ubotstudio.com/forum question here

And if you can't figure it out or it hasn't been asked then ask and somebody will likely be able to help out.

If you are actively trying to learn it every day and dedicate time to it then you will learn it and once you feel comfortable with creating bots you can start learning more about how to sell them.

• Like 1

Thanks. Maybe I've been crossing too many bridges at once and I need to take it one step at a time. Great tip about searching the forum. I am most grateful.

Any other thoughts from forum members would be appreciated.

Yeah just go do it,take a browse of the forum,pick

an example script that a user submitted,like go to Google,and make a search queru

,add a feature,basic things like scrape the results and add that to a list,click random items from that list and you will get more work done playing with the script,then weeks trying to learn watching videos

After a few days playing,when you watch the videos they will make sense and be very easy to digest

• Like 1

Hi John,

Don't try to tackle the big Social Media sites until you have done a few bots. Otherwise you will get discouraged, keep it simple!

Here is a cool site

http://httpbin.org
http://httpbin.org/forms/post

there are many pages to play on, the second is a form you can test submitting a form.

Like, looping thru a list of accounts and scraping the results. The results are JSON. You can use the free JSON plugin or use Regex.

In any case it is a site to play on and the JSON and Regex can come later.

So, don't try to consume the internet all in one bite!!

I never coded before ubot and now I know several languages. My journey started 3.5 yrs ago, I now code in Python mostly.

I still love ubot and every language has its good and bad. I still do stuff in Ubot but it is mostly sharing what I know and I am still very active here and in the Skype Group.

Don't be afraid to play with stuff, you wont hurt anything. 

While you are watching vids code it up!!!!!!

The more you play the faster you will learn. I learned really fast by helping others solve their problems and seeing the other solutions.

Here is the wiki:

UBot Studio-Wikki

Here is the tracker to see/report known bugs:

UBot Studio Tracker

add me on s-k-y-p-e and I will add you to the group seoproranker

Good luck on your journey and I am sure you will see me/us around.

:)
CD

If you are looking at it as a long term investment then I'd say go for it, bot building is very addictive and really enjoyable, but there are a number of hurdles to cross and if you've no internet marketing experience and no previous coding experience, then it's going to take you quite a while to get to the point of building and selling bots. If you already have coding experience then you'll pick it up a lot more quickly.

I've been using it for years. I love UBot and I create bots daily, but they've mostly been for myself and I haven't ventured into selling software online. I may do one day, but probably not until I can code comfortably in another language and then selling will no doubt come with it's own set of hurdles, such as:

• ensuring the bot is compatible with the end users system, browser version etc
  • the bot will be flagged by antivirus software
  • UBot servers go down and the bot won't run
  • chargebacks from people who want to trial the bot and then change their minds
  • a locked system that ensures only the buyer can use the bot and not just anyone that gets their hands on it
  • A lot of the guys that sell their bots to the masses, have to be pretty active in a help desk role too.

Thinking up ideas for bots to sell may or may not come naturally to you. I'm sure once you've made one, the ideas will begin to flow.

The professional version will be good enough to start with, but you'll probably need to also invest in a few plugins. The favourites are ExBrowser (you'll need to learn XPath) and the HTTP Post plugin (very advanced for a newbie). There are also lots of others that can be used to make bots simpler, some are free or very reasonably priced.

You'll also need to pay for a captcha solving service such as Death By Captcha and Private Proxies are recommended too.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

step one - go to warriorforum

step two - search for software (99.9% of software released there is ubot)

step three - go through their sales/tutorial data

step four - build your own version of that persons software

step five - cash in baby!

you could do a wso if you wanted, or post it on w+ or jvzoo, you could use it for lead gen to build your list as a freebie, you could use it as an incent for cpa marketing - making money is the easiest part of the equation man :-)

lead gen example...

i make a little program... keep it simple but worth getting.

visitor opts in in order to get the software for free.

on 'thankyou' page, you offer that same software except with more features/functionality for a few dollars.

end result - you end up getting paid to build your list because a percentage of the people who get the free version will upgrade into the paid version.

Thanks, Brutal.   I've spent quite a bit of time today looking at warriorforum software offers, as you suggested earlier.  I've been through their sales funnels, seen what thye do, and noted how many sales have been made and the figures have been enlightening. I've looked at what's gone well and what's failed. Certainly, there's people offering freebies then an upsell etc and they are doing it in a variety of different ways.

I think I'm feeling a little overwhelmed as I'm thinking abut buying Ubot, whether I can learn it, what software I can make, where to sell it etc etc etc.  I'm going to slow down and do one thing at a time! Maybe I need to get Ubot, learn it at least a little, and let the ideas come to me.  Certainly, I think that your steps (step one - go to warriorforum, step two - search for software etc) will be an excellent starting point for me.

I owe you a virtual beer!

John.

I'll take that virtual beer :-) .... but more than that you owe it to yourself/family to get ubot dev edition and then also buy quite a few plugins from the plugin sellers here.

I know of no other 'real' business that you can get into for under $2000 that can easily make you 10x that much in a single day.

Best of luck to you John.

Hello John,

I might just be your guy to give you nearly everything in one plate!  ;)

LESSON NUMBER 1:

Go through Ubot video tutorials and practice as you view the tutorials.

LESSON NUMBER 2:

Ubot compiled bots are not UnHackable. Therefore, get a good license server (software) so hackers can't break into the source code of your bot and view the source code. I recommend Meter's UbotLocker license server. Meter is a member of this forum. He is advertising to sell UbotLocker somewhere in this forum.

http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/12958-sell-ubotlocker-web-web-based-licensing-solution-that-prevents-decompiling-and-cracking/

LESSON NUMBER 3:

When you advertise to sell your bots, make sure you use a merchant that does not refund the buyer without checking first if the buyer deserves a refund or not.

Here's how a fellow Ubotter got defrauded and paypal is responsible for it:

http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/18657-advoid-scammer-robbed-me/

Don't sell through paypal. As soon as a fraud gets hold of your bot, he'll request paypal for a credit card charge back or refund and paypal will automatically take money out of your paypal account and charge you 10% of the refund amount. So, if you sell the bot for $100 then not only that would be refunded but you'll have to pay another $10 penalty out of your own pocket!

I myself are going to use crypto currency merchants to accept payments. With crypto currencies you can remain anonymous as a seller. And not only that, they never refund or charge back (as far as I know). That means no fraud can get hold of your bot then ask for a refund or a charge back to the merchant (in this case the crypto currency service). When you make sales, atleast you'll be able to sleep at nights knowing there would be no fraudsters getting refunds and you getting penalties for their defrauding.

Best known crypto currency service is bitcoin. Check out the alternate coins too.

NOTE: UbotLocker accepts payments through merchants that give customers refunds and make charge backs. Merchants like paypal. Therefore, best you ask Meter to update his licensing server software so it can accept payments through the crypto currency services like BitCoin. That way, you won't have to accept payments through the likes of silly paypal. I myself have asked Meter to update to add crypto currency merchants.

Checkout why I don't like paypal:

http://paypalsucks.com

LESSON NUMBER 4:

Screen record you using your bots. Make a video tutorial how to use your bot. Put the tutorials up on your youtube, vimeo, metacafe, etc. channels so others can see how handy your bots are.

If you have freebie bots to giveaway then below your youtube clips (that advertise your freebie bots) put the links to your bots. But first lock the links so people would have to unlock them to download your bots. For each unlockings & downloads you should earn $1-20USD. In short, if anyone wants to get your freebie bots for free then they have to unlock the download links by completing surveys that pay you $10-20USD per survey completed.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=pay+per+download

LESSON NUMBER 5:

When you're ready to sell bots, best you sell through affiliates. That way, your bots will get advertised to your affiliates' website visitors and mailing lists and facebook and twitter etc. followers. You might try the affiliate network clickbank.com to get affiliates. That's the best known network to sell intangibles.

LESSON NUMBER 6:

Give away free bots with your label/brand (you will need Ubot DEV for that) to attract lots of users. Make them addicted to your bots. Get the free versions advertising the paid versions of your bots. Once they get addicted to the free versions that have limited features, they'd want to buy the paid versions to remove the limitations.

(If you buy the DEV version then let the Ubot team know you did it because I influenced you to. I wanted to put my affiliate link here but to signup as an affiliate I must give my tax id (USA) and stuffs which I don't have since I'm not in USA and so failed to signup to Ubot's affiliate program).

LESSON NUMBER 7:

Build a membership website and give away free bots. People must subscribe to your membership site to get the freebies. Have a paid membership option so people can upgrade to it and download the paid version bots.

Checkout fiverr.com, freelancers.com etc. for programmers to build your membership site.

You can one day sell your membership site. You might find buyers even if your site only has free members. Some companies don't care if your website is making no sale. Aslong as it's got traffic or a big membership subscriber base they might still want to buy your site thinking that they'd do better in sales than you since they're professional online salesmen.

LESSON NUMBER 8:

Do me a favour and give away some of my freebie bots to your freebie and paid bot users and to your family, friends & colleagues. I'd appreciate it. Lol!

And try selling some of my bots if you can but only through crypto currencies because I ain't giving any refunds to anybody who's tried out a trial version and bought the paid version unless ofcourse I have a wish to be defrauded like some Ubotters here.

LESSON NUMBER 9:

The idea in my head has gone blank now. When it comes back I'll mention it in this section.

LESSON NUMBER 10:

Follow the TEN COMMANDMENTS of the Bible. You will become a better character than you are now and build better charactered bots. It's easy to get pursuaded by crooks to build crooked hacking thieving type bots for large lumpsums but there are falls at the end more greater than the sums you'll earn.

Edited by bangali_beta

Don't sell through paypal. As soon as a fraud gets hold of your bot, he'll request paypal for a credit card charge back or refund and paypal will automatically take money out of your paypal account and charge you 10% of the refund amount. So, if you sell the bot for $100 then not only that would be refunded but you'll have to pay another $10 penalty out of your own pocket!

This is not good advice. Take this from me and others who still use Paypal. Yes, you will get chargebacks, some people are a**holes  there is no way around that, also you will get those who use stolen credit cards which will cost you money (see the penalty part below). But most people are not and if you don't use Paypal or (Stripe/2checkout/insert other merchant here) that at least accepts credit cards then you will be losing out on more money than you can imagine.

Stop spreading this info like you know what you're talking about. 

The penalty is not 10% by the way. It varies. When a chargeback is made through a credit card company Paypal passes the fees on to you. Sometimes i'ts ~$15 sometimes its $20. It's generally one or the other. But it can vary depending on the company.

I have done surveys on whether or not to accept Bitcoin. In my experience 95% of the people say they use Paypal or a credit card and only 5% would even use Bitcoin but they also use Paypal or a credit card. So you can use Bitcoin or any alt coin if you want but don't tell other people to when they can stand to lose 95% of their customers by not using Paypal.

Absolutely right

If they have bitcoin there is also bitcoin to paypal sites where you can send someone the bitcoin for someone to send paypal for them as well.  I have a few customers of mine that only make money on bitcoin and they use a 3rd party service to send paypal  for exchange of bitcoin.

I tend to do very high volume  with paypal yearly.  I have only 3 people that have ever asked me about bitcoin and they ended using a creditcard, or the exchange service to send via paypal to me.

• Like 1
Hi everyone,

Just a little update from me. I went ahead and bought the Dev Edition of Ubot early last week. I would not have done so without the encouragement you guys have given me and I particularly appreciated the virtual "kick up the backside" from Brutal! :)

I am going to start small and I have something of a plan in mind to get started. Again, Brutal's idea above was the genesis for what I'm thinking of doing.

It must be said that I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment because Ubot is capable of so much. I have actually created a little bot for myself which saves me doing one of my daily tasks and I have thought of one or two more little bots that could help me further.

I'm working hard on this but I accept that it may take some time before I get to see any real results. However, it does feel like this is a worthwhile journey that I am on.

Thanks again to everyone for the support you have shown me. Really, I doubt that I would have gone ahead without all the reassurance given to me in this thread.

:-)

This is not good advice. Take this from me and others who still use Paypal. Yes, you will get chargebacks, some people are a**holes  there is no way around that, also you will get those who use stolen credit cards which will cost you money (see the penalty part below). But most people are not and if you don't use Paypal or (Stripe/2checkout/insert other merchant here) that at least accepts credit cards then you will be losing out on more money than you can imagine.

Stop spreading this info like you know what you're talking about. 

The penalty is not 10% by the way. It varies. When a chargeback is made through a credit card company Paypal passes the fees on to you. Sometimes i'ts ~$15 sometimes its $20. It's generally one or the other. But it can vary depending on the company.

I have done surveys on whether or not to accept Bitcoin. In my experience 95% of the people say they use Paypal or a credit card and only 5% would even use Bitcoin but they also use Paypal or a credit card. So you can use Bitcoin or any alt coin if you want but don't tell other people to when they can stand to lose 95% of their customers by not using Paypal.

Mmm. You're right. Majority of the people won't know what Crypto Currencies are and forgetting Paypal could end Ubotters losing up on sales (even myself).

Ok, then. I might aswell have Paypal on the side just incase customers aren't interested in BitCoin and the like.

Thanks for sharing your experiences Nick and TJ.

Saying all this, new Ubotters are likely to make a lot of mistakes and have a lot of bugs on their codings at the beginning and if customers go beserk and start charge backing etc. (without asking for updates) leaving the new Ubotter with a lot of penalties to pay then that will really put them off from bot building altogether. That's why it's probably best for new Ubotters to start-off with Crypto Currencies in the beginning and only proceed onto Paypal later-on once they've earned enough from Crypto Currencies and have managed to raise and keep a fair amount of sum on the side to pay the penalties when Paypal makes them (should Paypal ever make them). Only proceed to Paypal once they've become an expert in Ubotting. That way, less bugs, less complains, less charge-backs and less penalties to pay to (you've guessed it): Paypal. :rolleyes:

Edited by bangali_beta