UBot Underground

Deleting Emails

Hi all,

I've been trying to delete emails from within a POP3 connect to mail server node and the weird thing is it deletes position 0 email SOMETIMES, then other times it doesn't at all.

So, I have the delete email node set to position 0 whilst inside the Connect to mail server.

Connect to mail server

- table from email

- delete email

- position 0

Sometimes it deletes the first email, other times it doesn't.

I have tried this in V4 and V5.

Other than browsing to the email client is there a known bug or something?

Thanks,

Kev!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I've been trying to delete emails from within a POP3 connect to mail server node and the weird thing is it deletes position 0 email SOMETIMES, then other times it doesn't at all.

So, I have the delete email node set to position 0 whilst inside the Connect to mail server.

Connect to mail server

- table from email

- delete email

- position 0

Sometimes it deletes the first email, other times it doesn't.

I have tried this in V4 and V5.

Other than browsing to the email client is there a known bug or something?

Thanks,

Kev!

Hi Kev, 

Ive been struggling with mail tasks (which is why i just stumbled across your thread lol)

I am not using POP3 but i think i may be able to help, 

Also i should probably point out that im using the email commands/functions from the Abbas's "Ultimate Plugin" but again i think  the process is the same, 

Ok, so i too was farting around with the positions number as i thought that position 0 was either the first email or the last email, 

however, I was wrong, .. 

I "THINK" the position number i s the "ROW" within the table that you downloaded the emails into, 

So to clarify, ..

When you download emails you are asked for a table name to put the emails and all info (ID, From, Subject, etc etc etc ..)

So if you download 10 emails into the table you choose then the number of the Row that the email you want to delete will be the "Position" of the email you want to delete.

So for example, ...

The email on row 5 will be Position 5 .. and so on

Please bare in mind that im not 100% certain but the more i test it, it seems to be doing the job, 

there are isolated occasions that an email doesnt delete but to be completely honest i have quite a lot of duplicate emails in my Gmail so that could be throwing me off.

Have a play around with it as it would be nice to have someone confirm this lol

Cheers

CJ