UBot Underground

Hi all,

I have not used Ubot for a while but, in the past, I have made some interesting bots.

I have now decided to delve in again.

I have the developer edition and currently running 5.0.9 although I haven't used that version, I stayed with V4.2.20 as people were saying that V5 was buggier than V4.

My question is, Do I upgrade to stealth?

It's not the money, it's just whether it will do a better job than V4.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Clint

Hi all,

I have not used Ubot for a while but, in the past, I have made some interesting bots.

I have now decided to delve in again.

I have the developer edition and currently running 5.0.9 although I haven't used that version, I stayed with V4.2.20 as people were saying that V5 was buggier than V4.

My question is, Do I upgrade to stealth?

It's not the money, it's just whether it will do a better job than V4.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Clint

Hi Clintk, 

I have been using the latest available version for about 6 months and it seems "relatively" stable at my end, 

obviously the famous mysterious random crashing and lagging now and then but generally a good experience,

Also to take into consideration that the latest version has new features that you might find useful like "headless" which is not available in version pre 5.0.9 (i think) 

My personal opinion ... do it anyway,

you can always revert back if your not happy but then always have the option to upgrade again at will should you need to use any of the features not present in earlier versions :)

Obviously that is just my opinion and you should do whatever you think best .... its your money after all ;)

Cheers

CJ

Thanks CJ

I think I will upgrade, even just to experience the new version myself.

Thanks for your input.

Clint

• 3 months later...
I'm use last version only for coding. I do not like the latest version, this version not stable.
Type text not correctly working (not create event, in last version this function use change attribute, not type text!), if i'm use multithread and use http post/get plugin, and use popup for recognize captcha by hand - my bot freezing. Earlier versions 5 were so terrible that I do not want to talk about it. Now everything is better, but a lot of critical errors.

I once writed about bugs, but they fixed a year later. I lost hope and now write a lot of code in C#, C++.

But ubot definitely the best that I've ever seen. But just because it did not know of other similar solutions. But in any case, I am satisfied Ubot.
Version 4 - best :), i'm recommend this version.

Sorry for my bad english  :wub: .

Edited by Misha

I'm use last version only for coding. I do not like the latest version, this version not stable.
Type text not correctly working (not create event, in last version this function use change attribute, not type text!), if i'm use multithread and use http post/get plugin, and use popup for recognize captcha by hand - my bot freezing. Earlier versions 5 were so terrible that I do not want to talk about it. Now everything is better, but a lot of critical errors.

I once writed about bugs, but they fixed a year later. I lost hope and now write a lot of code in C#, C++.

But ubot definitely the best that I've ever seen. But just because it did not know of other similar solutions. But in any case, I am satisfied Ubot.
Version 4 - best :), i'm recommend this version.

Sorry for my bad english  :wub: .

Misha,

Thanks for mentioning this issue. Please keep in mind that Stealth includes both Chrome 21, and Chrome 39, for maximum compatibility with your scripts. This type text issue does not affect Chrome 21, so you can have many of the benefits of Stealth while still using this command. 

I'll make sure we prioritize the type text issue if possible as well!

Jason

• 2 weeks later...