UBot Underground

Cookies, sessions and response codes

Hello, first of all I'm very pleased and excited by this software. I have a few questions important for my use of Ubot

Cookies

How does ubot manage cookies, does it accept them?

If it does can I send the cookie back when visiting another page on the same domain ?

Can I access cookie parameters?

Redirects

Does ubot automatically follow redirections ?

Can I get the reponse code for a page (301,404 etc...)?

Last question : I couldn't run the exe on windows xp is it only for vista or maybe there is something wrong with my configuration...

Thank you for your answers

Guest luminus

To answer your questions generally, UBot runs in IE. It doesn't attach to a currently running browser window, but it is developed in the Internet Explorer framework. Generally speaking this means that it does whatever IE does.

Cookies: It manages cookies the same way IE does. There is a command to clear cookies, but there are no commands to edit cookies or their parameters. However, you could theoretically use the save to file and add to list commands to edit cookies that have been saved as .txt files on your computer.

Redirects: Yes, UBot follows redirects just like IE would because it is running in IE. If the response code is inside the source code then you can get it and save it or run it -- whatever you wish.

The .exe files should work on XP. I will check an XP computer and see what sort of problems we have but to our knowledge it has worked for others in XP. I'll get back to you!