UBot Underground

[Offer] Get My New Css Selector Plugin For Free

Quite regrettably nobody has applied for this plugin for free,it doesn't break my confidence I don't need assurances to know it rocks :)

I have added some tutorials below,incase you want something to work with

http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/19111-code-examples-thread-for-my-css-selector-plugin/?do=findComment&comment=119396

Last chance if anybody is interested,I am fairly confident it works smoothly at this stage so I will be ending this offer shortly 

Do you have a short video demo of what it can do?

I guess it would be good to ask how it works, and what it can be used for

Hey,

Yes Kreatus please check out this link for some quick examples

http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/19111-code-examples-thread-for-my-css-selector-plugin/?do=findComment&comment=119396

check out this old post of mine,on my first attempt,which is not what I am offering now,to learn how to auto generate CSS paths(exactly the same as generating an xpath expression)

http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/18575-css3-selector-for-ubot-my-first-pluginxpath-alternative/

Kreatus when I get a chance maybe over the weekend I will make a bot on video with the plugin

I just think it offers amazing simplicity to select elements,with http post or for using on difficult websites,see my scrape any table example on the tutorial thread

How it works,it just uses the document.querySelectorAll javascript function,you feed in a document,css path and attribute to scrape

CSS Selector

Child Element Selector
Sibling Selector

for the Child and Sibling,simply enter a CSS path to an element and it will return the children or siblings

Kreatus you can use this script below basically does the same thing,but it has many limitations,pretty slow,needs a document to be loaded into the browser,since in ubot you cannot return a list to create a list,makes it very awkward,but you can play around it yourself,this is just the selector not childrend or siblings

example below will scrape the text of every post on this thread,as the content is in the class "entry-content"

comment("typical attributes")
comment("outerHTML,innerHTML,textContent")
define $CSSSelector(#CSSPath, #AttributeToScrape) {
wait for browser event("DOM Ready", "")
    run javascript("var myCSSSelect = document.querySelectorAll(\"{#CSSPath}\")")
    set(#position, 0, "Global")
    loop($eval("myCSSSelect.length")) {
        add item to list(%items, $eval("myCSSSelect[{#position}].{#AttributeToScrape}"), "Don\'t Delete", "Global")
        increment(#position)
    }
    return(%items)
}
navigate("http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/19108-offer-get-my-new-css-selector-plugin-for-free/", "Wait")

alert($CSSSelector(".entry-content", "textContent"))
  • 4 weeks later...

Added two new Functions to this

CSS Change Attribute (just like the Ubot Change Attribute but for mainly using with Socket Navigate Command

CSS Set Attribute( add an attribute to the selected element)

Particularly useful for annoying elements that appear in your scraping,like advertisement elements,below for example(obviously with this example you could just just use .actualListing , I am just keeping it simple)

In this example you have business listings,but they are mixed with advertisements  and both are children of the div id "businessListings"

load html("<ul id=\"businessListings\">
<li class =\"actualListing\">business 1</li>
<li class =\"AdvertisementListing\">Advert 1</li>
<li class =\"actualListing\">business 2</li>
<li class =\"AdvertisementListing\">Advert 2</li>
<li class =\"actualListing\">business 3</li>
<li class =\"AdvertisementListing\">Advert 3</li>
</ul>")
set(#editedHTML,$plugin function("WpfApplication1.dll", "Deliter CSS Change Attribute", $document text, ".AdvertisementListing", "OuterHtml", ""),"Global")
add list to list(%listings,$plugin function("WpfApplication1.dll", "Deliter CSS Selector", #editedHTML, "li", "TextContent"),"Delete","Global")

this will create a new list with just the business advertisements,the entire HTML of the class AdvertisementListing is removed

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely the tool I'll be using for scrapping now. Great work yet again Deliter! 

Took 2 hours to get the basics down. Not looking back to anything else now. Very surprised by the speed of it. I love it :D

• Like 1

Deliter is awesome and so is his plugin!

I have used him for a few projects now and he always overdelivers.

He incorporates the plugin as part of the project and it works like a charm.

Communication is always quick and clear.

Thanks for the great work, Deliter.

• Like 1

Hey

Great Spot,yeah if I select a child element,it only selects the children of the first element it matches,have fixed it,and am PM'ing you to send you newer version

now if will select all matched,and it you add to a list,it will make a new line for matched children inside of the list item,so 7 matches with 4 items for each match,will be 7 list items and 4 lines in each list item

thanks again,surprised I didn't notice that

cheers

• Like 1
Added a new feature "Easy HTML Parser" its pretty cool and powerful,as like its name very easy

Ive added a quick unrehearsed video for an overview of each of the plugins 6 functions,check it out

btw this offer is closed for free,which only 1 or 2 actually took up,other then people Ive personally offered the product to

the fee for the plugin is 40 dollars,I will be posting a sales thread shortly once I have some stuff set up,feel free to PM me for a copy if interested

Hey

so my video a few comments above introduces you to the basics of CSS selectors,now we will do some more complex expressions,wildcard expressions

lets take this forum thread,to scrape the comments

once we open the web inspector and click on a comment

as seen in the picture it has a class of "post entry-content" but in CSS spaces are not allowed for a class,what this actually means is a class of post,and a class of entry-content

so ".post.entry-content" is the expression

and you can see that in the bottom of the web inspector,which I highlight in the picture,this part is where to get your expression's from,not reading the HTML as theres no need to

Using [Attribute|expression|value]

for scraping say email address's from a page you would use a[href^=mailto:]

this means a tagname 'a'(link) that has a href value beginning with mailto:

for the ubot site each post has a post id ,so to scrape those we would say

div[id^=post_id_] or even just id^="post_id_"]

as the posts are example id="post_id_123456'

By the way  highlighted the wrong box for number 1 in the picture,you can see the div id a bit to the right of it

http://imgur.com/ItUhwQc

Anyone using this plugin check out a chrome extension called SelectorGadget,it generates CSS and Xpath,you can select an item,get an expression and it also highlights other elements it will match,

you can even just select random items and have a path created to select your random items,say product name,price,description

I will do a part two video soon and wil include this plugin in it too

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Big News !!

I present a CSS Browser,like the element inspector but a lot more useful for quickly autowriting scraping code,includes a tester too

You can select the element you clicked,the elements children,and the elements sibling and their children!!It is all color coded highlighted on the page so it makes for super easy scraping

Red shade of the page is the element you selected

Green is its children

Blue is the elements siblings

And their children are also highlighted in green

if your unsure of siblings,children etc,watch my tutorial video for the plugin link is in one of the posts above

Check out the picture below,on it I selected a part of the page and selected its children,ran a test of the Ubot

Only a demo right now,but I will be expanding on this free version and will be making a paid version too,

this is basically an alternative to Ubots scrape attribute,and you can use for http post,hover over the elements you need,and it creates the CSS Ubot code for you then you can just paste into Ubot,it tests the elements on the page,with live feedback!!

Just check it out,free download below

Find the link below ,heres a picture,will do a video shortly,once I get the bot a bit more stable

http://imgur.com/4p1nGyA

Link to the Bot

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=89C86D58E702BD03!9827&authkey=!AGXAN4mTcBzN4bM&ithint=file%2cexe

• Like 1

The paid version is going to be sweet. I just don't understand why it's not catching on fire. I only use the CSS selector plugin now days... guess it's their lost. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

forget about this,just use firebug and firepath,plenty of dev tools that are better then this

oh you mean the .dll,yeah I'l put up a dropbox link in a few minutes

added to new thread