UBot Underground

Replace Text In String

I'm scraping a website that when I scrape the email addresses they have 'mailto:' at the start. What I would like to do is remove 'mailto:' so I just have the address. The email addresses are currently stored in a list. 

Here's the code I have, but it's not doing anything. I can't quite figure it out because I can't use replace with the if statement. Any suggestions?

define Clean Business Data {
    loop($list total(%email_address)) {
        set(#email_row,$next list item(%email_address),"Global")
        set(#email_row_clean,$replace(#email_row,"mailto:",""),"Global")
    }
}

Hello,

Try something like this

clear list(%a)
clear list(%clean)
add list to list(%a,$list from text("mail to: lkfjlsdkjf lskjlfj s ljf alkjdf
mail to: what evva
mail to: mail sub
mail to: mail body
mail to: some text",$new line),"Delete","Global")
add list to list(%clean,$list from text($replace(%a,"mail to: ",$nothing),$new line),"Delete","Global")
alert(%clean)

HTHelps,

CD

That helped me be able to remove mailto:, however it's removing my blank values from my first list. 

Example:

%email_address has 118 values, some of which are filled with $nothing because there isn't an email for that.

%email_address_clean then only has 44 items and has removed all the lines with $nothing. 

Is it possible to use replace but keep the $nothing values intact? (then I should have 118 items in my list, even though I just have 44 email addresses)

Here is the code I'm using to remove mailto:

add list to list(%email_address_clean,$list from text($replace(%email_address,"mailto:",$nothing),$new line),"Delete","Global")
    }
}

Alright, so I changed the list so it doesn't delete duplicates. However, for some reason everything is being duplicated... a lot. Out of less than 52 items, the following code returned 1144 emails (many duplicated and the blank lines aren't there).

clear list(%email_address_clean)
        add list to list(%email_address_clean,$list from text($replace(%email_address,"mailto:",$nothing),$new line),"Don\'t Delete","Global")
    }
}

You are looping for the list total of the email addresses and then adding the second list into it multiple times, that is an issue. Instead try this:

clear list(%email_address_clean)
    add list to list(%email_address_clean,$list from text($replace(%email_address,"mailto:",$nothing),$new line),"Don\'t Delete","Global")
}