UBot Underground

Disable Window 10 Privacy Leaks - If You Value Your Privacy This Is A Must Do!

Hello Ubots!

Yes that is correct Microsoft is gathering info about you and they think they are entitled to do it with out you knowing.

This is for before you install and after installation of  Windows.

Here is part of the videos description...

▼ Time Indexes ▼
8:42 - Already have Windows 10 installed, Start here!

▼ Download Spybot Anti Beacon ▼

http://bit.ly/StopWindows10Spying

▼ UPDATES ▼
1) "some settings are managed by your organization" is displayed because Spybot Beacon changes some group policy settings. I didn't realize this while shooting the video but it makes sense.

2) If you notice Skype Group Chats stop working open up the HOSTS file and remove all of the entries containing MSN. I've had one report of this fixing the problem.

▼ Questions & Answers ▼
Q) I like Cortana so I don't want to disable that feature.
A) That is fine, but just realized that Microsoft intentionally made Cortana dependent on the cloud meaning you have to give up your information, searches, contacts, calendar entries, etc to use her. You can't pick and chose what gets sent to Microsoft and still use the feature. It's all or nothing and I think this sends a bad message from Microsoft on what they are actually doing with that data. #TinfoilHat

Q) Why do you hate Microsoft so much?
A) I don't hate Microsoft, I worked there for 15 years as a Senior Software Developer. Windows is still my preferred platform that I use daily. What I don't like is the direction Microsoft is taking with regards to advertisement and marketing being the focus over the core operating system and innovation.

Q) You should just run Linux!
A) I like Linux but it's not in any position to be a replacement for an operating system like Windows. There is no Adobe support on Linux and it's not ideal for mainstream content creators and software developers. But who knows what the future holds if Microsoft keeps going down this dark street.

Q) What is telemetry?
A) It's Microsoft collecting data on your computer, what you search for, usage patterns, application usage, etc so they can analyze the data or use it for marketing.

I recommend reading the entire thing from YouTube!!

The Spybot tool is awesome and you should use it on Window 7-8 if you use them as well. My windows 7 machines are much more quiet and my bandwidth is not being abused either.

Hope this helps,

CD

• Like 2