hillbh50@hotmail.com Instructions to merchant
The buyer hasn't entered any instructions. Shipping address
Cristina Carla Rodrigues
Rua Vila Rica 481 
Padre Eustáquio
Belo Horizonte  - MG
30720-380
Brazil

This person did a chargeback on a non refundable css theme (just code)... WFT And Paypal actually went along with it, I provided the proof and everything... is there not a way to suspend this persons Ubot account? Avoid this person with vigor... thanks

wow if its so easy to scam via payal... I think I'm in the wrong business... holy fuck. Highly enlightened via this piece of shit.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/R.+Vila+Rica,+481+-+Padre+Eustaquio,+Belo+Horizonte+-+MG,+30720-380,+Brazil/@-19.9182286,-43.9840906,1051m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0xa696e02ac2d753:0xc202afa4519fca09

• Like 2

Sadly this kind of thing happens even here from time to time, but you did the right thing by posting and telling us about it i remember that ubot admins once banned some guy after someone reported him to Admin.

So i know its a little comfort but trust me whoever this person is entire ubot community will now stop trusting him/her so he/she wont scam anyone else from this forum!

• Like 1

You can't win the disputes or it's highly unlikely you will at least (I've won one ever and now I think that maybe I shouldn't have since I never win them as the seller).

It happens, expect a certain % to be chargebacks - with Ubot stuff I find this number to be very low. Normally I would say you can price the losses into the cost of the product but I find the dispute rate so low I don't even bother doing this.

The best thing to do it to not get upset when it happens because there isn't much you can do about it and it's not worth the stress.

If you want to do something about it then look into fraud prevention methods. Stopping people from ever getting to the buy page who are behind proxies or known fraud IPs and things like that.

That may not be the actual buyer by the way - which is why I don't "out" the people who do this. It could be that his Paypal was hacked and he disputed the charge because he really did not make it (this happens more that you would think).

• Like 2

Thanks for letting us know, I have had a few of these people recently as well.

A few months back I even had someone that purchased 3 bots from me using different hacked paypal accounts but on their woocommerce registration they wanted all keys sent to the same email address. However, to avoid this type of fraud I always send the license key to their paypal email then they guy that owned one of the paypal accounts sent me an email saying he did not purchase this. Then I knew for sure it was from hacked accounts.

• Like 1

In order to avoid losses I always sent a message to the pp email, asking to confirm the email's owner is really the person who bought the software.  If I dont get a response, just dont sent the bot.  Already won a couple of disputes showing to paypal, the buyer had access to pp acc and his email, then is the same person.

My 2 cent

Luis Carlos

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you guys... Its not the $, its just he sent me an email saying how much he liked the CSS code I have painstakingly written, then he goes and does this.

Getting burned is not fun, especially the first time.

Peace

I just got a chargeback from the same person:

Resolution Centre - Chargeback Details
Transaction ID: 0CD61287PH023222C
Buyer Name: Cristina Carla Rodrigues
Buyer Email: hillbh50@hotmail.com
Transaction Amount: $57.00 USD
Transaction Date: 21 Oct 2015
PayPal Case ID: PP-004-387-565-672
Reason for Dispute: Unauthorised payment
Chargeback Reason Code: 4863
Chargeback Amount: $57.00 USD

at least I can cancel their license though.

I just got a chargeback from the same person:

Resolution Centre - Chargeback Details

Transaction ID: 0CD61287PH023222C

Buyer Name: Cristina Carla Rodrigues

Buyer Email: hillbh50@hotmail.com

Transaction Amount: $57.00 USD

Transaction Date: 21 Oct 2015

PayPal Case ID: PP-004-387-565-672

Reason for Dispute: Unauthorised payment

Chargeback Reason Code: 4863

Chargeback Amount: $57.00 USD

at least I can cancel their license though.

Oh my... Seth really needs to do something about this person. Can you help us Seth? 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Why don't you use the bitcoin service and the alternate coins ? You can stay anonymous as a seller and there are NO REFUNDS or CHARGEBACKS!

Its a much higher barrier to entry for the customer. Many people are familiar with Paypal and not nearly as many are going to take the time to get Bitcoin in order to buy a product.

Buyer

Cristina Carla Rodrigues

hillbh50@hotmail.com Instructions to merchant

The buyer hasn't entered any instructions. Shipping address

Cristina Carla Rodrigues

Rua Vila Rica 481 

Padre Eustáquio

Belo Horizonte  - MG

30720-380

Brazil

This person did a chargeback on a non refundable css theme (just code)... WFT And Paypal actually went along with it, I provided the proof and everything... is there not a way to suspend this persons Ubot account? Avoid this person with vigor... thanks

wow if its so easy to scam via payal... I think I'm in the wrong business... holy fuck. Highly enlightened via this piece of shit.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/R.+Vila+Rica,+481+-+Padre+Eustaquio,+Belo+Horizonte+-+MG,+30720-380,+Brazil/@-19.9182286,-43.9840906,1051m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0xa696e02ac2d753:0xc202afa4519fca09

Yeah, that's why I never use paypal and the like. I'm looking into bitcoin and alternate coins. I'm not gonna repeat myself why I like them since I've said my mind here:

http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/12958-sell-ubotlocker-web-web-based-licensing-solution-that-prevents-decompiling-and-cracking/page-65