UBot Underground

Hi Fellow Ubotter

Guys I need some advice. After I few months I have decide to study programming. I am little lost. I want to know which language should I study. Yes I do nlknow its a stupid question. But I also want to know which language will help me with ubot as well. I have to choose between the following:

* Java

* C

* JavaScript

* C++

I do understand that c and c++ are almost the same and the same goes for java and JavaScript. But which one will help me more with ubot and creating plugins..

Thank you very much for the feedback

Much appreciated

Verno

to compliment Ubot it would be between C#& Javascript/HTML

C# you can write your own custom/professional plugins

Javascript,gives you a very powerful understanding/manipulation of web pages,which is great and applicable for bots,and the HTML will help a coder with making better Custom UI's for the bot,and javascript can make that UI more dynamic.Also for writing bots thats use HTTP get/post,more and more websites run javascript in the browser to populate headers,so to even make those bots you need to know Javascript

I gave an explanation of the advantages to both for complementing them to Ubot to help you decide,C# can manipulate Ubot,Javascript can manipulate the browser window/document

I've been programming since I was 8 years old. I've used a bunch of languages, including all the ones you mentioned. I've learned a few hard lessons along. But before I offer any advice, a few questions:

1. Why are your choices limited to those?
  2. What do you plan to do with programming?

I'd like to make correction to something you said - that java and javascript are similar. From a distance, they look similar, but they're actually extremely different. I could go through the specific differences, but in short, writing java code will take you several times longer than writing javascript, and javascript will make you a lot more employable. Anything you can to with java, you can do with javascript (with some performance variation) but the inverse is not true.

People have a lot of strong opinions on which language is the "right" one. And as much as I want to say they're all equal, they just aren't. I recently read of a study showed python programmers being 10 times for productive than java programmers. That productivity comes with some minor costs in terms of performance, but with modern computers, that's not really an issue. But think about what that means. If you're working on a program that takes you 10 days in python, it would take you just over 3 months in java. If a program took you 1 year in python, it would take 10 years in java.

tl;dr - If you have to choose from your list, I recommend c# or javascript. If you can choose any language, I would strongly advise ruby or python over any of the languages you mentioned. It also depends greatly on what you  plan to do with it.

• Like 2

+1 on Python and Ruby

Python is the gateway  language. I recommend learning this first then decide on the next. Python has rappers for other languages such as Java, JavaScript, C and soo many more. So, you can write in Python and those others come out, essentially learn one and write on all.

You can also do anything in python web, desktop, phone apps. :) Across all platforms.

It has been around 20 years and has a huge community and most of the Libraries are free and open source just like Python.

Lots of videos out there to get you going. Once you have the concept of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) it is smooth sailing after that and you can try others like C#.

~CD

C and C++ are lower level languages -- and harder to learn. C# is a good choice to start with you want to make Windows apps, Ubot plugins and even on the web. The web runs on PHP, which is also a good language to learn. I was trained pre home computer days, and have used most of the languages you mentioned. The best thing to learn is how to program, and ubot will give you some of the basics. 

Once you learn one language you will find they are all the same. Every language has an IF statements, looping(while, do while and for loops), variables and constants. But Java is a language used on a server, and JavaScript runs on your laptop.

In my classes we start the students with HTML, PHP, C# and MySQL and JavaScript. But we teach mainly for web work. For ubot, the more you know about HTTP, HTML, JavaScript and C# the better off you will be. The New Boston Tutorial series on C# is pretty good for beginners and so is w3schools. Both are free.Lynda.com has some great tutorials and so does Udemy.

Good luck!

https://www.codecademy.com/Here's a place to start. I personally dont limit myself to learning a specific language all at once, you dont need to. Learn what you need when you need it from a verity of languages. Much of the code for every language has already been written, its just a matter of finding the snippet (which is very easy on G). The snippet is pretty simple to understand when its only a working small chunk of code.

Thats why I suggest fist studying a language where there is really no snips around for it.... REGEX, XPATH ect, These youll need in any language and a great place to start and will make every other language easier to use.

Peace

• Like 1

Hi Guys 

Thank you so much for all the input. I honestly appreciate it. You guys have great advice and I personally think I have my answer to which language to start with.

As you all know: I don't have a clue about programming, but UB have teach me some, but not enough to have the knowledge that you all have.

@Seth

Firstly thank you for your input as well.

It is nice to see that you also give me advice on this. I will gladly take your advice.

I've been programming since I was 8 years old. I've used a bunch of languages, including all the ones you mentioned. I've learned a few hard lessons along. But before I offer any advice, a few questions:

1. Why are your choices limited to those?
  2. What do you plan to do with programming?

1. It is NOT my plan to limit myself to those languages. My intention is just to make Ubot a little bit more understanding for myself, in the sense of how things really works. I have NEVER been interested in programming or even a web developing. I end up on Ubot because of TJ. TJ have been a VERY GREAT inspiration for me, due to the bots that he creates. I have seen TJ on some places where he advertise himself. I want to learn a language that can make my work much easier to understand and also to extremely excel in UBOT. You see Seth Ubot have been literally change my whole finance world, that's why I don't want to limit myself. It is just for the start up language.

2. My plan with programming is to extremely excel in Ubot, create plugins for Ubot. Ubot is easy to learn and to create bots. But the language inside of it, I need to understand, so that I can do what I want to do.

@Docta

I also see that you choose Python and Ruby. It is nice to see people stand together for the same language. I will check the OOP out.

@tnhomestead and @Edward: Thank you for the sites I will definitely have a look at them. I sooner I start learn the better for me. 

@BigWeb: Can you please tell me why you choose Pascal or Delphi?

Again thank you all for the advice. I will start with Python and head over to the rest of them. If python will help me excel in Ubot I wll go for it.

Regards to All

Vernon

Hi Guys 

Thank you so much for all the input. I honestly appreciate it. You guys have great advice and I personally think I have my answer to which language to start with.

As you all know: I don't have a clue about programming, but UB have teach me some, but not enough to have the knowledge that you all have.

@Seth

Firstly thank you for your input as well.

It is nice to see that you also give me advice on this. I will gladly take your advice.

1. It is NOT my plan to limit myself to those languages. My intention is just to make Ubot a little bit more understanding for myself, in the sense of how things really works. I have NEVER been interested in programming or even a web developing. I end up on Ubot because of TJ. TJ have been a VERY GREAT inspiration for me, due to the bots that he creates. I have seen TJ on some places where he advertise himself. I want to learn a language that can make my work much easier to understand and also to extremely excel in UBOT. You see Seth Ubot have been literally change my whole finance world, that's why I don't want to limit myself. It is just for the start up language.

2. My plan with programming is to extremely excel in Ubot, create plugins for Ubot. Ubot is easy to learn and to create bots. But the language inside of it, I need to understand, so that I can do what I want to do.

@Docta

I also see that you choose Python and Ruby. It is nice to see people stand together for the same language. I will check the OOP out.

@tnhomestead and @Edward: Thank you for the sites I will definitely have a look at them. I sooner I start learn the better for me. 

@BigWeb: Can you please tell me why you choose Pascal or Delphi?

Again thank you all for the advice. I will start with Python and head over to the rest of them. If python will help me excel in Ubot I wll go for it.

Regards to All

Vernon

Well, i've not used Pascal and Delphi for MANY years and I don't think it's used much nowadays. Best stick to something like C++ or one of the other languages mentioned. The reason I used to love Pascal was it was well structured and such a great flexible language.

Another great language which I've dabbled with recently is LUA / Corona SDK for writing games / apps.

The New Boston has Python tuts too, they are pretty good but olk.

Sentdex has some really good tuts and they are basic to advanced. His range is the best I have found to date.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAAahUKEwjPsYS68NDIAhVE1GMKHXQ4CaE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fsentdex&usg=AFQjCNEiIHuqUpigiZz_0lzh3rV_txfEIw&sig2=m7Jzko2eVSut2EXKcC7SJA

Good luck

@BigWeb thank you very much for the response.

@Docta thanx. I will check it out.

I have also found another site for tuts. Have you guys heard of InfiniteSkills. They have a lot of tuts on their site which also look interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhq7kqloVlM8eVYqw_cv_-fi4buaIpgLq

the above link is a good introduction series to c# and covers many things that someone new to c# or even object based programming would get caught out by. Its goes at a slow pace and explains in detail so ideal for someone new to programming using c#

thanks

Kev123